1

Hi,I'm Jessica Martins... Call me Jessy for short. I just gained admission to a prestigious University Frale... Yayyy!!!

It was my first day in college though,I was lost...like a stray cat
I needed to complete my registration and the dead line was tomorrow. There was really no time to waste.

Oh lawd,help me
I asked questions but nobody is really giving me an answer...'I was really lost' I told myself trying to yunno suck the tears in
I guess this was how college peeps behave, all puffed up with pride and putting on headset like their GP depends on music.

Rubbish.

I sat down at the nearest bench I could find, I was so tired and hungry, I could hear my stomach growl but I didn't pack lunch and I didn't eat breakfast either.

'Baby,breakfast is ready. I packed lunch too. Hurry up,I'll drop you off.' I could hear mom's voice in my head
'Don't worry about food, I'll be just fine. I gotta go mom and I'll take the bus. Your baby is all grown now.' I stupidly replied to my mom

How could I have been so stupid...dayumm

A tap on my shoulder brought me back to reality.

"Hi,sorry to disturb you,I'm Bee and this is Andrea" she said pointing to a girl beside her "We are looking for the Dean's office,we have some documents to submit to him."

They are obviously Freshers...hahaha...And they don't know that I'm also a lost girl in wonderland

"Uhm.. I'm Jessica,Jessy for short but the thing is I'm a fresher and I'm in the same shoes with you girls right now."

"You are a Fresher? We are too" Andrea who has not said anything since busted out.

*rolls eyes*Like I didn't know.

I just gave her a nod and a slight smile.

"I guess we should look for his office together... What do you say girls?" I said like I'm a captain sailing a ship.
"Let's go girl" Andrea said

"Its not like I have a choice,do I?" Bee said and we all laughed.

I found what I needed now... Company

Somehow we found the Dean's office... Don't ask me how

On getting there,our jaws dropped when the Dean's secretary told us to submit our documents very early the next day as the Dean is currently not on seat. I could nearly cry. So I wasted the whole Tuesday for nothing?
This is injustice...No this is a wrong use of power.

I looked at Bee and Andrea's faces,they weren't happy either.
"Cheer up girls" I said comforting myself too "Tomorrow ain't that far,it'll be over soon"

And with that they smiled or at least were faking it...Like I was.

I called mom to pick me and we waited together... Fortunately they stayed close to Indie street where I stayed and I'll just have to tell mom to drop them too.

Bee tried to start up a conversation. She asked what course I applied for and I told her English Literature,I discovered that we were both studying the same course...including Andrea...Wow!!!

I trust we are gonna make good friends and paint the campus red...yeah red

Mom came and I told her about my new friends. She told the three of us to hop into the car.

We drove in silence as mom played James Arthur's Naked while each of us were soliloquizing in our own thought.Tired.

We dropped them first. "See you girls tomorrow, bye." I said

"Bye" they said to my mom whom they call Mrs Martin and me

My mom is not a Mrs Martin but what would they know? I thought frowning

"I'll call you" I told them while waving as mom's car moved steadily. We exchanged numbers earlier on while we were waiting for Mom.

"So...Baby girl,would you like to tell Momma how your day went?" Mom finally asked. I wonder why it took her like forever to ask.

"Not now Mom,I'm starving"

She turned and gave me an I told you so look

Holy shit...I really am starving.

THANKS FOR READING.

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE

CHAPTER 2 COMING SOON!!!