Prologue

October 5, 2012- 8:30pm, flashback

Sitting on my bed was Landon Powell my cousin and Mason Powell my other cousin. Snuggled up in my blanket with my luck teddy bear, Mr.Jones. Landon was telling me this crazy scary made-up story called Tales of Bloody Mad Kid. I was scared alright but I had to be brave because Mom won't allow Landon to tell me scary stories anymore.

"So every night, if you behave wrong to an adult, a kid all bloody and all angry-looking comes wondering around town and searches the perfect house to hide in every 2 years." Landon voiced in the scariest voice.

"Is that true?" I ask.

"Well, kid if you behave bad to an adult that kid deserves to get you." Landon clicked his tongue before talking.

"Mason? What about you?" I ask again.

"Um.. I'm pretty well-behaved myself so, I'm lucky." He crossed his arms against his chest and sighed.

"It's past your bedtime, kid. Why don't you get some sleep and next morning there will be chocolate pancakes."

"Yeah, I love those pancakes!" My eyes widened at that surprise.

   Next minute, Landon and Mason left my room leaving it completely dark. I laid on my side with my teddy bear in front of me thinking about Bloody Mad Kid and when was that made up. It scared me for few seconds until I got myself together saying it's not real. So many struggles of me falling asleep until the last try. 

   I woke up in complete darkness  and was feeling for my bed until I realized I was on the floor. Two minutes, a creak light showed somewhere I don't know. There were  a person, more like a kid. It didn't look like a boy or girl. It had evil eyes that were red and a mouth that was closed mostly. It looked like it had an angry face and after that, blood begin pouring down it mouth like a waterfall touching my feet. I put my knees to my chest. For a quick second, that thing lash at me revealing a large scar on my face. It's nails were digging in my arm with it's other arm on my shoulder, sucking my blood on my cheek to death. I was screaming for help, but it was mute no one heard me.Cold sweat appeared on my forehead along with blood. It felt like  minutes until it stop. I was now face to face with it and it said:

"I get angry,I bleed, I kill"

That was it. I woke up in cold sweat and panting in my bed, only to find it was a dream. I didn't want to sleep that night, but I didn't want to be a coward. I lay  down on my side, thinking it was only a dream.

I wish it was a dream

October 6, 2012- 7:02am

I sat up in bed, yawned and climbed to my feet. I couldn't stop thinking about that dream I had. I walked out smelling pancakes for breakfast. I smiled at that excitement and ran downstairs. I saw my two older cousins and my mom  and also my favorite uncle Patrick. I hugged Patrick as he lifted me up and tickled me I laughed as well.  My aunt Aaliyah I saw too and hugged her and mom. As I finished greeting my family, I got breakfast, and looked at the pancakes and gulped it down.

"Well you are just excited to see us aren't you?" Aunt Aaliyah ask and then rubbed my back as she did when I was just 4.

"Yeah, can't you tell?" I rolled my eyes.

"Nonsense, Jesse, she just asked  you a question." Mom snapped. Now go get dress, your teacher assign you to Sunday school and I have Uncle Peter bring you."

"WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm not  going to that stupid school, those kids are bullies I hate them." I burst out in anger and pouted.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry but it's for the best of us, we need to respect your aunt and my sister's house." Mom calmed me down. Now get dress, your're going to be late."

  The sound of the car driving against the hard road satisfied me. Uncle Peter drop me off at the almost empty school for late kids and almost the whole school year I would always be late. I hugged and waved goodbye to him until he told me something I couldn't forget. "Don't be bad, and let Bloody Mad Kid get you." he said in a stern voice. "Okay I won't."  I said stuttering a bit.

  I got to the room I was suppose to go to and sat in the back with my friend Kayley Barnes who was badder than me. She wore red dyed hair with little streaks of black and cute earring and tacky clothing. She also got kept back  two grades, she was so suppose to be in 4th grade. My tardy detention  teacher Mr.Powell was really lazy and like right now he told us to stay in our seats and then left. Of course, kids started acting crazy and throwing stuff. It was chaos.

"Ow!" I groan at the pain and realizing Randy Martinez my bully threw a sharpened pencil at my head. Why would you do that?"

"Cause i felt like it."He mocked me.He started shoving me until I fell on the ground and got in my face and said: You should stayed in ya town, dummy." and then flipped me off.

"Ohhhhh" the cheered.

I got up and felt this weird Adrenalin in my body. I punched Randy in his stomach hard and pushed him on the ground and kept hitting him until he couldn't take it. And yes, the kids were screaming stop but I didn't care he deserved it.

The teacher grabbed me and sent me home away from school. Mom was mad, the way she didn't say a word.

  After, we got home mom still didn't talk instead, she started dinner. I sat on the couch thinking what I did  that was terrible, what mom would think. After a while, Mason interrupted me and kept asking me these weird questions.

"Y'know.. um.. Bloody Mad Kid um..he only attacks if your behaving wrong towards other people not just adults and your breaking the rule." He patted my shoulder.

"STOP trying to scare me, it's not working." I snapped.

"I"M NOT SCARING YOU, it's just facts okay?" He said. Landon's at work, he'll be back in half an hour and he'll tell you the facts."

  When Mason left, I heard snarling like a dog, and something like a deep raspy voice saying this weird things. It left me sitting paralyzed, afraid to get up if my mom catches me, what should I do? 

                                       Be sure to Comment,Vote, and share with other wattpad readers!