Chapter 6: Choose Good

I leaned against the balcony of the Auradon Cathedral as we waited for Ben to be crowned.

I was wearing a blue floor length organza floral dress with a cutout shoulder. Under the dress, I was wearing a gold strap heel. Early that morning Evie had woken me up so that she could put my hair into a high ponytail, do my makeup, and force me into this dress. I was too tired to put up a fight.

I straighten when I saw that Ben and Mal were walking in, they two of them headed for King Adam and Queen Belle. It was almost time, and I had a plan, one that I hope I wouldn't have to use.

My eyes widened when I picked up on Mals voice. How could I hear her all the way up here?

"About the other day..." Mal began.

"I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." the king interrupts.

"You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself," Ben responds. "Even when it isn't easy."

"I did?" the king asks in surprise. "I... how very wise of me."

Queen Belle takes her sons hand. "Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart."

"Thanks, mom," Ben says.

The king pats his son on the shoulder. "You're gonna make a fine king."

"Don't blow it, kiddo."

Fairy godmother lowered the crown onto Ben's head. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" she asked a kneeled Ben.

"I do solemnly swear." Ben response.

"Then it is my honor," Fairy Godmother taps Ben on the shoulder with her wand. "and my joy to bless our new king."

She went to tap him again, but the wand was snatched from her hand causing the audience to gasp.

I watched in shock as Jane was sprung around by the wand, white sparks of magic shout out from it.

Fairy Godmother looked at her daughter fearfully. "Child, what are you doing?!"

"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane tells her mother. "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

She was sprung harder by the wand as white sparks sprung out if it, hitting everything in its way.

"Take cover!" King Adam yells.

The crowd backed up as they tried to protect themselves from the wand, Ben stepped in front of Mal to defend her. While the commotion was going around, I snuck past the other V.ks and made my way down. I stood in the shadows waiting for the right time to strike.

Mal rushed forward and tried to wrestle the wand out of Jane's hand.

Ben stepped in front of scared Mal. "Mal, give me the wand."

"Stand back," Mal warned him. The door to the hall opened, and Carlos, Evie, and Jay ran towards Mal.

"It's okay," Ben tried to reassure her.

"Ben, I said stand back!" Mal yells.

"I told you so!" I heard Audrey crow.

Controlling my magic, I froze her tongue to the top of her mouth; this wasn't the time for jealousy

"Let's go!" Carlos yells.

"Revenge time," Jay adds.

Even with all the bravado in their voices, you could see the uncertainties in their eyes.