alex

"Can't we go any faster?!" anticipation was existent on my face, and my mind flooded with negative thoughts of what Joey could possibly say to me.

"We can, but if we do, you won't see that Joey kid, but police officers instead." Tristan, my brother, looked beside him, to me with a reassuring look before returning his gaze to the road.

I don't know why I haven't noticed this 'attraction' Joey has for me, but I hate myself for being so oblivious. I do find him attractive, and I'm sure he does find me the same way, but I wouldn't even have it in my wildest dreams that he'd have feelings for me.

Sure we talked for a bit of time, tweeted at each other, have a ship rise, and 'sail', but I never found myself flirting sith him, let alone like him.

This tingly feeling, like butterlies swarming in my stomach grew when I found out that Joey was upset because of my prank, and it grew every passing second, along with the anticipation as we entered a neighborhood.

"Just a few more minutes, Alex. Calm down." I looked over to Tristan, giving him a weak smile. I would have texted Charles, but I never got the chance to ask for his number.

He's not on Instagram, and the unfollowing of people and commenting shit on my page had been blowing the whole way. It consisted of hurtful and obvious ones about how I 'used Joey for fame and rejected him' and how I 'hurt him and have no intention on fixing and/or justifying why I did it'. Twitter fans have been bashing, mentioning and attacking me nonstop.

Even the hashtag '#JalexIsOverParty' was trending number one on Twitter, which is only making it worse. Most of Joey's friends, including Aaron, Loren, Luna, Chad and a few others are tweeting badly about me.

I wanted to cry, scream, and plainly just die, here and now, but I know, I have to fix this, at least, say my sorry, even if he doesn't forgive me.

"Alright, we're here. I'll wait here in the car." Tristan pulled up to the side of the road, in front of a house. 'No turning back now.' "Wish me luck."

I hopped out of Tristan's car, clutching my phone. A half an hiur back, when I got ready, I only changed my outfit from booty shorts and a spaghetti-strap black tank top, to ripped jeans, and a black Thrasher sweatshirt over my tank top, with whitr Adidas.

I took my fist, and gently collided it to the wooden door three rhythmic times. I would have rang thr doorbell, but that would probably make Joey hear it too, and I couldn't risk it, not yet.

I was about to knock again, but it was pulled open, and it revealed the all-too-familiar tall boonde boy. "Hey, Alex. Oh, finally."

Charles had surprised me when he took me in for a hug, but I hugged back. I needed one. Being tall, he had his arms on the back of my neck, and my upper back, whilst mine was on his torso.

He pulled away, so I did too, and looked up, the only way to make eye contact. Great. Last time I checked, Joey's taller than Charles. Fuck.

"Where's Joey?" he let me enter his house. "He's in his room, upstairs, second to the last door on the left." I nodded, before looking back to him. I gave yet another weak smile before turning back around to approach the stairs.

This is it, I'm seeing him. But definitely not the way I wanted it to.

Hey, love works in weird ways right?

I can still hear him muttering from inside, and it took all my courage to knock on his door. "What do you want, Charles? I'm not in the mood."

I didn't answer, I couldn't. So I did the only thing I could, I knocked again. I heard a muffled huff of some sort, and the door swung open with a clearly upset and annoyed Joey.

When he looked down, you can't even see his eye-color. It was all dark and gloomy. It was as if the life was sucked out of it.

"What are you doing here?" he spat it in my face as mean as possible. I would have answered back with the same tone, but I deserved this. He has every right to be mad at me.

I couldn't talk, my lips and the rest of my body was frozen, like Anna from Frozen, at the moment Hans was about to slay Elsa.

He huffed once more, and started to close, and at that moment, I melted. I pushed the door open again, before hugging him on his waist.

Sobs started to escape my lips one by one, my emotions finally tearing down the barrier between emotion and phisical. I didn't pull away, he didn't push me away so I didn't intend to let go anytime soon.

"W-why are you crying?"

I felt him hug back. The way Charles hugged me just minutes ago, but this, this feeling was different. Though Charles' hug felt welcoming, Joey's was beyond what I assumed I would feel.

His grasp felt like comfort. It felt secure, and safety. Like nothign could hurt me, nothing could affect me anymore. This is all that mattered.

"I'm sorry." I croaked out, and a big sob followed.

He didn't speak, but I could hear his heartbeat speed up. I burried my face on his chest, as he pulled me closer to him, if that was even possible.

He pulled me in his dimly lit room, and a soft slam of a door was what I heard after. I finally balanced my breathing, and I wasn't sobbing as much as earlier.

His arms loosened around me, before completely letting me go, indicating I should too, so I did. I could feel the tears sliding down my probably tinted cheeks. Praise the lord I didn't wear makeup today.

I pulled away, and looked up to the tall boy in front of me. His face was not upset anymore. His eyes seemed to lighten, like it was in the way of the sunrays. Mixed colors engulfed his iris, shich made him look more of a Greek God than a human being.

"Why are you crying?" he asked for the second time. This time, I had all the words to answer, instead on uneven sobs I gave out moments ago.

I used the sleeve of my sweatshirt to wipe my tears away, and I began speaking, or babbling.

"I, well I didn't know you like me. I couldn't believe it, I never imagined a social media star to fucking like me. I thought this was just a joke, like the Jalex thing or whatever, and then I was just starting a YouTube channel, so I did the lyric prank and then that happened and then you tweeted and basically everybody attacked me with foul, rejecting, hurtful words and I had to hold it in because if I didn't I would look weak and then this hashtag on Instagram topped number one and it just hurt me because that's when I realised I goddamn like you but now I know you won't li-"

I was cut short by something. Something soft and plump pressed on my lips, which silenced me completely, and also took me by surprise.

Joseph fucking Matthew Birlem is kissing me!

I started to kiss back, and our lips melted into the kiss. They were like molds, and both of them fit perfectly.

The world around me became a blur, I didn't know what was happening around us, all I knew was that Joey was not mad at me, and a possible relationship will happen soon.