Chapter 9

A/N hey y'all! I'm not dead I'm dead. Sorry I haven't updated for about a year. Honestly, life got in the way and I lost interest with this writing, but it's back! And my plains for this book is hitting me like a truck. So hopefully I should be getting a good schedule on updates again. Once again I'm sorry and thank you for those who are reading and haven't deleted it from your library. Much love for y'all! Now on to the writing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crane paced in front of me reciting question after question. After yesterday I told everyone that for the next few days I would let the ex-Alpha King train me in future kingly duties. Jace begged to be a part of it and I agreed.  

"What do you do when you are in the grand hall and you need to make a choice on what to do with the prisoner. The prisoner is being trialed for murder and robbery, he killed three guards and stole your favorite crown."

Both Jace and I sat thinking.

"Why did he steal and kill in the first place?" Jace asked.

"He will not say."

"I would look at his body language, and figure out why he isn't telling us. Then send him to the dungeons where I will get answers out of him. Try to do it the nice way and if he still doesn't say why then he'll be in a cozy little room six feet under."

"Ok but think of this. The brother of the man you just threw in jail or killed came is now attacking your family. He managed to harm your son or worst he ends up killing your mate and two pups."

My eyes burned at the thought and the beast growled at the former king.

"Then I would charge him with high treason to the royal family and murder, I would also be the one who kills him in front of everyone I would broadcast damn thing also!"

He shook his head picking up a stick from the ground.

"You have the treason and murder right but not the killing him."

Jace moved into my lap and grabbed a hand tracing the small scars from bar fights, well just fights in general. Crane saw my confusion and explained that it would be unprofessional and having everyone see me kill a man will show that I am mentally unstable and unfit to rule. People will start a revolution then overrun my rule.

"Any other rules?" I asked.

"Yes, and you might not like them. For example, at dinner, if you need to go anywhere you can only say "excuse me" and only that. You can not give any autographs or selfies, your wife and daughter will have to curtsy and you and your son must do a small neck bow, females can only cross their legs at the ankle, males should keep their feet on the ground. Now the dress code. Can't show cleavage, should have only up to two all-black outfits and you must have one black outfit every time you travel, your son can only wear shorts until he turns 14 then he can wear pants. You must wear a suit anywhere you go; you must always look professional."

The timer I had Jace bring out with us went off saving me from today's royal lesson. Crane jumped at the beeping while Jace shouted with joy.

"Yay, we can go hang out with Ma and sis now!" He jumped from my lap and ran off to the house.

I stood up and Crane gave Jace and me the stink eye.

"Our three hours are not up! You still have lots to learn!"

I looked at where Jace was with a smile.

"Crane it is four in the afternoon we started at nine in the morning we've been at this for serval hours. When Jace had his bathroom break I told him to get the timer and set it for three hours. Now if you will excuse me."