(11) » kittens

The sun was finally beginning to set as all of the light within the sky began to fade away

The sun was finally beginning to set as all of the light within the sky began to fade away. I noticed that all of us were getting tired at this point and moving sluggishly, I looked down to see that Gizi's eyes were slowly sagging and begging for sleep. We've been walking through the woods on the path that was leading us to Livraine for the past hour now, after having to fight our way to get out of the city we were all extremely exhausted.

I stopped in my tracks as I gripped onto Gizi's hand before turning around to face the others, "We should stop here for the night, we're all tired and barely moving."

Lauren flew her head back in relief as she bent down to get Demi off of her back, "Thank you God, I can't feel my knees!" She caused Demi to slowly slide off her back to land onto the ground, "Baby girl, I love you and all but I need to sit and not move for the next eight hours or so."

Everyone followed Lauren's lead and found a place to sit down to rest, I sat in front of a tree to lean upon and had Gizi lay down in my lap. My hands slowly ran through Gizi's soft golden brown curls, I knew that this was going to be the only way to help her fall asleep at a faster pace.
Ever since my parents were murdered by a assassin in Stevark two years ago, I didn't hesitate to make sure that Gizi was my main priority.

"So," Joe interrupted my train of thought, "We all can't go to sleep at once someone needs to keep a look out." I watched him position his girlfriend in his lap as he leaned up against the tree behind him, "You know what? I'll just do it, no problem with me. You girls need your beauty rest anyways, including you, Nick."

Nick jokingly rolled his eyes, "You're so fucking funny bro, have fun staying up all night."

A tiny smile appeared on my face as I shook my head, this entire group was full of clowns. I sighed before closing my eyes and leaning my head up against the bark of the tree, trying to relax my entire body so I could try to get a tiny amount of sleep.

I knew that I was going to need it.

◠◡◠◡

My body jerked as I jumped up to the sound of faint screaming, my eyes grew as wide as they could to be aware of my surroundings but all I could see was pitch back staring back at me.