Chapter 8: No and Stranger

"We should not be upset that others hide the truth from us, when we hide it so often from ourselves."

François de La Rochefoucauld
_______________________________________

Synopsis:

In the previous chapter, Miss Skehele fired a gunshot: the principal talked about his daughter and her past with Miss Skehele, Alex confessed his love for Chole to himself and struggled to try and save her and Chloe had a flash from the past.

-
-LISTEN TO : WHO YOU ARE BY Jessie J
-
-
-

Chloe's P.O.V

My eyes were squeezed shut, hot tears prickling at the corners. A few moments passed as I felt the warm blood slither down my right arm.

It hurt.

My ears are filled with nothing but the silent pounding in my head. My hands move over to where the source of escaping blood came from. Slightly grazing the open wound on my shoulder, I winced at the contact. My knees felt weak from the pain which took an excessive amount of energy for me to stand.

"H-how?"

What?

"You were dead!" Fury and rage seeped through her trembling voice. "I killed you!"

Me?

"I guess you thought wrong." Opening my eyes, I gaped at the sight in front of me, the hot tears resurfacing and falling ferociously. My whole body shook with pain, with fear, with sadness.

There in front of me stood my savior. My family. My best friend.

I tried to think but my mind became blank instead the precious tears that I held erupted from my eyes and streamed down my face.

"Taera." My call almost silent

She turned around; a small, frail smile appeared. Her eyes glassed over, fragile- a treasured, glass ornament so close to tipping over the edge. Broken.

"Chloe...I'm sorry." Those 3 words made my knees buckle against my will. I started falling but was caught. I gripped on to her shoulders and buried my head on her chest. My cries escaped in bellows of wails. Her hand stroked the top of my head tenderly and rocked our bodies back and forth.

"Hush, hush don't cry." She cooed

Those words.

"No one can hurt you. It'll be fine. I'm fine," she raised my head and looked in my eyes, pain swirling in them and gripped her side," see everything thing will be just fine."
My eyes travelled to her stomach. The area was exposed and two bullets wedged next to each other were coated in the spewing blood. As much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. Clenching my fists I started to hit her chest, screaming incoherent laments.

"You liar. You liar! Why? Why do keep lying to me, to us, to your family? If your hurt say so and I'll help patch you up. You keep trying to leave us behind. Why? Don't you understand? Don't you realise that we love you? What is it going to take? Stop trying to die fool and stay where you belong! If your relatives don't love you then I will! Alex will because we became apart of you and you became apart of us! Please understand. Please. Please."
My arms became tired and my hits became soft. My tears stood still, my gaze lifted and looked into my best friends eyes and begged. "Please."