Everything Else

"What kind of soda did you say you Liked?" Rose sits down in an empty chair at my kitchen table. "Umm,Fanta orange. It's the only kind I can drink." I nod and turn to my kitchen cabinet. "If you don't mind it room temperature,I have a can left over from when my friend Enjolras stayed here." I turn my head and see her excited expression. "I don't care just give me soda." She says this in one huge breath,and I smile at her. I retrieve a straw from behind the soda and put it in my back pocket. "Here you go." I open the can for her and present it with a bow. "Got a straw?" She asks timidly,and I take it from my pocket and grant it to her. She sticks it into the can and drinks. "So,you live alone and you like soda. What else is there to know about you Rose?" She looks up at me and answers my question almost cautiously. "Umm,I take theater classes nearby,and I study drama at the college down the Road." I sit next to her as she finishes her story. "You want to be an actress?" She takes another sip of her drink and nods. "Well,I want to do musical theater. I want to be on Broadway." She smiles. "Your in college?" She nods again. "I'm in the history of theater class every morning,and I do the 'underground musical theater' group every night." I can tell how passionate she is about theater. Her eyes just light up when she's talking. "I need to go. I have class at seven." She sets her drink on the table and slides her sock on,than her shoe. "Thanks." She says,grabbing her soda and walking out.