If It Wasn't For You...

Jade didn't want to open her eyes, too afraid of the results. She's definitely either dead or on a hospital bed. But how is she dead when she can open her eyes?

Am I already a spirit?!

She could feel warmth around her though, and she could still hear the noises of the street and even the same bus leaving.

I'm definitely a spirit.

So she opened her eyes to find Leo's arms wrapped around her.

Did he die too?

Maybe I'm dead and he's upset?

He let go and looked at her then widened his eyes.

Then it all sunk in for Jade.

"You...did you just-" Jade said with a voice barley higher than a whisper.

Leo was too shocked to sort out and comprehend his actions and emotions, he just saved her life! He's definitely going through that same mistake again but bigger, he got too attached this time, so if she ever leaves him, the loss he'd feel would be ten times worse. He shouldn't let himself fall for that smile, that sincernes and her dumb sweetness. He has to ignore it all, forever this time.

"Hop on I'll drop you home." He stated flatly. Jade couldn't tell what emotion he had on his face. She nodded obediently, she owes him her life but now the least thing she could do was  not to argue. Leo hoped she'd beg to stay though. If she leaves, she leaves forever. But she doesn't know that, but she soon will.

She rode behind him, and he went on the dark rode, but slowly and gently. That rush and excitement he had on a few hours ago was gone, so as his grin, his smile and his whole vibe is down now.

It's all my fault.

Jade couldn't help but to blame herself. How could she not? She managed to give him a panic attack, maybe even more depression all in one night!

She felt really bad. She wanted to make it up to him. But how? Things are going to be very awkward now that this happened.

She hugged him right from his back and cried, more like sobbed hard in his shirt.

"Thank you so much Leo. Seriously, if it wasn't for you I would've been dead! Thank you thank you so much you're a true friend!"

He already knew that part, every friend ship, he does his best, he just knows he's a good person and she didn't need to remind him. But his question was is she even worth that help?

He did do a huge favour, and if she ends up leaving him, then that's messed up. But how could she do such a thing. He had created the strongest bond ever.

Life.

Life.

Life.

If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be breathing right now, in fact every rise up in her chest full of oxygen, it's him she's grateful for.

He dropped her off and she was about to say thank you at least, but he cut her off short and went straight home, leaving her with more regret than ever.

"How was today sweetie?" Jane's mother, Kate, asked her the minute she entered from the front door.

Jade looked at her mother and imagined how it would've been if she was to got a call that her daughter was ran over tonight. She didn't even get to say goodbye to her dearest person in the world. So one look at her mom, and tears built up in her eyes and she soon ran to her mother's arms.