Chapter 13.5

"Killer.." Killer woke up to a Chara next to him. He jolted up, but Chara put a finger to his mouth. Blue moved a bit in the bed before facing the other way.

Chara lead Killer to the kitchen so they could talk. Chara sighed and walked around him, Killer being afraid and surprised

"Cross is going to die if we can't help him, Killer." Chara muttered. "We need to get a human and monster soul."

"Wait, why a human soul?" Killer asked. Chara shook his head.

"That's so I don't die," Chara said. "I've destroyed an entire underground without saves or resets. I can help you guys."

"How do I know you won't turn on us?" Killer asked. Chara smirked and pulled out the knife in his pocket.

"We're almost the same, Killer." Chara spun it on his pointer finger, stopping when it actually cut him.

"We've killed many people before, with many people to go, that's just how it is." Chara put the knife back in his pocket.

"How does your "Beloved" Blue know that you won't betray him like his best friends did?" Chara muttered, looking down.

"Does Carrot trust you? No. Does Cross trust you? No. You have your only chance with Blue, Killer. So if I have a chance that Cross'll let me in, it's a chance I can take."

Cross appeared where Chara was, looking pretty drowsy. Killer was too shocked to even respond to Cross's sudden appearance.

"Did Chara torment you?" Cross asked. Killer nodded. Cross chuckled a bit and patted him on the back.

"Don't let the fact of him being a Chara make you afraid of him," Cross said. "He's threatening, but once you get him to trust you, he's just an overprotective bean."

Killer caught Cross as he passed out. Killer sighed and hauled him upstairs to his bedroom, Killer going to his own soon after.