Chapter One ~ the Epic Escape Part 1

Today was the day.

    Not only was it marked on my calendar but the anxiety overnight kept me awake for quite a while. Only two people know what was actually going to happen today everyone else was completely oblivious.

 I Zoey Jasmine Marie was officially turning 18 today and everything was about to change.

   As I smirked to myself I walked away from my calendar and looked in the mirror. My hazel eyes looked a lot like a tigers and are one of my favorite features on my body. My lips were a pale pink and my luscious brown hair was in waves little past my shoulders. My curves were satisfying but not to die for and I am perfect height for my age (well at least that’s what my doctor says). I turn away from the mirror as soon as I hear “Wasted” by Tiesto playing from my phone. I looked at the screen only to see it was my best friend Lily calling.

“Hhhheeeyyy bae happy birthday!!!!”

“Haha thank you so everything’s ready for later right?”

“Yea thanks to our “strong” Josh”

“Tell Josh thank you for everything see you soon”

“Bye bae see you at your party”

“bye boo”

   My room was connected to the bathroom so I just walked right in. I stripped off my night shirt and put my hair into a messy bun and stepped in the shower. After I was sure I scrubbed away all the sweat from sleeping with my strawberry scented soap I stepped out. I changed into a Rolling Stones crop top and ripped highwaisted shorts. I brushed out my hair and let the waves free. I grabbed my makeup bag and made my face look natural today. Once I stepped back in my room I went straight into my walk in closet and grabbed my biker boots and studded vest. My room is a teal color and my bed has a bunch of old stuffed animals. On one side of the room I have my desk surrounded by a whole bookshelf covering most of the wall. There are Christmas lights as part of a decorating touch. On my desk are paper, my apple laptop, and a small container that contains all my pens and pencils. Around the room are also various posters and pictures of bands and me and my friends. On the right side of the bed lies my boom box with a small stack of CDs next to it. My room was my happy place but today was the day I make my great escape and this would be one of my sacrifices.

“Woof! Woof” and here’s the sacrifice I can’t bear to leave. I turn around just in time to see my husky Toby. Toby was really special to me because he meant the world to me. He has black and white fur with icy blue eyes and is a complete sweetheart. I crouched down and he immediately licked me as if saying “I love you please don’t go”. I scratched his head and rubbed his belly as he lay down. “Be a good boy with Lily and Josh maybe I’ll be back someday” I said tears almost coming to my eyes. “Zoey dear come into the living room” called the bitch from hell I’m sorry my mom. “Coming! “I said bittersweet while getting up from my crouched position. As I walked out Toby came along wagging his tail “Woof!” “Race ya!” and then of course he beat me to the living room.

“ZOEY WHAT DID WE TELL YOU ABOUT RUNNING IN THE HALLS?!” said the Devil himself I mean my dad. “Sorry but considering I was 18 I didn’t think it mattered since after all I am an adult now “I said in a monotone. “ZOEY!!!” they both shouted at the same time. See I never liked my parents they were always to strict, barely let me out of the house It wasn’t until last year I was finally able to convince them to let me get a license, car and an electric guitar. They always were too thickheaded to hear my side of the story it was either there way or a slap in the face for talking back. After a while (15 years to be specific) they just let me talk back giving up on the slapping. “Well we wanted to wish you a happy birthday here’s your gift” said my mom with an evil smile. “Oh and honey be sure to clean after your so called friends tonight were going on a trip to Paris I have to meet with the ambassador and I have a conference meeting” said my dad. And here’s the reason why I’m really willing to leave even on my own BIRTHDAY they leave me alone. Well this year will be different. “Sure no problem it’s not like you lazy asses would want to be here on my 18th birthday go to hell hope you get hit by another jet” and with that I stormed off into my room locked the door and threw the present they gave me at the wall and burst into tears. Toby started to whine next to me and jumped onto the bed with me. My parents were knocking at the door (not nicely may I add). I fully blasted my boom box till their voices drowned and I could no longer here their voices or what was playing from the boom box. I fell into a deep bittersweet sleep with Toby there to keep me company.

~~~~

A/N

sorry this is shot promise the next part will be a little longer currenlty in the works :)

if you have any ideas please feel free to leave them in the comments or IM me