Chapter 6: A Promise, a Job, and Cuddling

The next morning Yuuri awoke to a slightly warmer feeling than usual. It was comfortable, even cozy, being enveloped by the familiar heat of a dragon. However, he was greatly surprised when he saw that he was holding Yurio, not Victor. The white dragon was instead curled up on top of the blankets and was clinging to Yuuri. As carefully as he could, the human male attempted to slide out of the bed and the brother's grasp. Though it had been comfortable, he desired to know what had happened the previous night. He made it halfway out of the blanket when his mate decided to wrap his arms around his waist and pulled him close.

It seemed he was not careful enough in his attempt as Victor shook himself slightly while slowly opening his eyes. As the white dragon peered about slowly, he saw that his human mate was awake and looked much better. He temporarily released the smaller male before springing onto his mate as he cried out, "Yuuri! You're better!" Yurio, from his place in the bed, grumbled as he sleepily rubbed his eyes. It was not until he noticed that Victor was already nuzzling into the crook of his mate's neck that he realized Yuuri had healed. Victor had his arms wrapped around his mate's torso and sat in his lap, rubbing against Yuuri's neck in an attempt to increase his lover's scent. Yuuri sat there, confused and embarrassed as Victor whispered, "Thank the Elder's you're safe."

Taking note of Victor's tone, Yuuri returned the hug and whispered, "I'm okay now, Victor. Honestly, I feel better now that you're here." Victor gave a sad smile as he leaned back and cupped Yuuri's cheek in his hand. Yuuri gently wrapped his hand around the one cradling his face as his lover said, "I never should have left. I'm the reason you were hurting so badly." Yuuri removed the hand from his face and placed it over his heart as he told the dragon, "It's not all your fault. I should have tried harder to keep you here. Besides, you were needed on that hunt." Victor shook his head as he stated, "Then let me at least say this, moya luyubov." He took both of the human's hands in his own as he continued, "I promise to never again abandon my mate, no matter the reason." Yuuri flushed as the white dragon lightly kissed his lover's forehead before standing up. As the dragon stood, he lifted Yuuri off his feet.

Almost immediately, Yuuri began to object, insisting that the dragon had carried him far too much. Victor whined about wanting to make sure he was alright until Yurio groaned and told them, "Just go, you two are so cutesy it's sickening." Victor stuck his tongue out at his younger brother as Yuuri said, "I can walk. I promise I can do this, Victor." Letting out a small sigh, the dragon allowed the smaller male to walk as they headed towards the center pit, exiting the alpha's cave.

While they sat there and ate, Phichit approached the trio. He gave a friendly wave before asking if he could sit with them. Yuuri nodded and the Thai sat himself beside the human, causing Victor to wrap an arm around Yuuri's waist. Yuuri flushed as he cried, "Victor! What are you-?!" He was cut off by Phichit laughing and informing them, "Don't worry. It's normal for dragons to get protective when it comes to their mates." Yuuri frowned slightly as he turned to Victor and told his lover, "You can let me go now. Phichit's just a friend." Victor smirked as he pulled Yuuri onto his lap and said, "I don't think so." The smaller Japanese man struggled a little but soon gave up when it became clear the white dragon had no interest in releasing his mate.

After some time, Yuuri was taking his and a few other's dishes to the wash area when he bumped into a tan woman with black hair. She let out a slight gasp as they collided and knocked Yuuri back a few steps. Shocked, she quickly went over to help the human steady himself, even grabbing a few dishes from his grasp. As she helped the male right himself, she told him, "I am so, so , sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention at all." Yuuri let out a slight chuckle as he reassured her that everything was fine. She let out a sigh and was about to say something when a male with brown hair and dark purple eyes stormed over. He glared at Yuuri as he commanded, "Leave my sister alone, you poor excuse of a suitor, or I'll turn you to ash." The girl shot her brother a look as she said, "Mickey! Don't threaten him! I'm the one who ran into him!" She turned towards the human male who was now trembling and said, "I'm so sorry. Are you alright?"