ch. 2

° ° ° ° ° ° °

usually, Yoongi was known to be the one cold man out of the crowd.

he had the looks of those distant guys you'd see leaning against the freezing stone walls by the pavement on one particularly rainy day, his lips wrapped around a freshly lightened bud of cig with his velvet trench coat padded over the shoulders, a huge cloud of hostility would hover intimidatingly around him - and during the most part of it, people tend to stay away.

he wasn't naturally appealing or rather the word 'charming', one would use to describe. on the surface of his rough and quite dangerous image, Yoongi had accustomed himself to be recognized as another lone wolf playing in the snow, another dull nail hammered lowly into a fully botched up plank wood - not standing out in any way, his head always hung low as that of others.

so, when Hoseok had suddenly emerged into his bland view and showed interest in the most less subtle way possible, he just didn't know how to take it. to Yoongi, it was all foreign.

it made him feel awkward and tense, even more so with Hoseok's constant gaze lingering curiously over him; almost as if the man was studying him and flipping him over mentally with his eyes, trying to strip him down till his last layer of facade - the thought of it made Yoongi feel naked. and very vulnerable.

Yoongi was just not used to such attention. rather, it had always been him focusing on others so this sudden turn of tables had caught him completely off guard.

as he stood stiffly infront of the old fast food's impeccable glass double doors, Yoongi took his time thinking over his options (not that he has many) before barging inside brashly, in his hands were the slightly tainted jacket Hoseok had left behind a few days prior.

it was funny how the owner never came back again to fetch it - although the idea of Hoseok personally wanting Yoongi to come meet him directly might have caused that.

the restaurant was as shabby as Yoongi had remembered it - it had been far too long since his last visit; between being conflicted with his own job and not wanting to accidentally ran into the manager, Yoongi had numerous reasons why he avoided coming in the first place. still, the place was decent and finally after much consideration (and a whole lot of denial) Yoongi was willing to admit that his old pal, Namjoon has a knack of running things into business.

what's eye-catching wasn't the restaurant's exterior design - even with its glistening lights dimming over the tables and polished mahogany desks planted neatly into each corner, the soothing warmth of comfort wasn't enough to diminish the fact that the atmosphere was a bit dull and stale.

but really, what made the rundown place filled with a perpetual increase of customers was solely because of the owner itself.

Kim Namjoon was a member of the fewer family of elites in the city. his father was a well-known businessman with an astounding amount of establishments that varies thoroughout the country. a man of successful achievements and as the only son, Namjoon had proven himself as the worthy successor.

initially, the idea was to have Namjoon run the whole company at large, giving him the main seat high up in the headquarters. he passed every test and nailed every interview, yet he chooses to come down here instead; at this rural area of a secluded town far from the busy hustlings of the city and settled himself as the manager at a fast food franchise - still a product of his father's.

Namjoon was a humble man. the first time Yoongi had set eyes on him, he could tell the different air he has than most snobby little rich brat that comes along - and his dimples were a plus. everybody immediately became charmed and smittened with his smile, Namjoon seemed to use that as a leverage in his business.