Chapter Three

Chapter III

Jason

Jason had been reading a cute romantic story that came highly recommended from the Princess and his assistant Xander, for the past couple of days. He was nearly halfway through a story of two young men in their mid twenties. They initially met online, but nothing serious came of it, until they coincidentally ended up meeting in person. Turned out one of them, not the narrator, was breezing through town and they were both at a bus stop. It didn't take long for them realize who they were, and they hit it off. A few weeks to a couple of a months later, the narrator, appeared back online only for his significant other (Jason knew better and he was already cheering for them) to see this. He immediately threw in a bunch of exclamation marks followed by surprised faces and called him babe. They started private messaging each other, catching up and started exchanging photos.

The other character, Adam (not the narrator) said, "Sorry to cut this short, but I'm coming over."

Before the narrator could say anything, Adam had already signed out and barely two hours later, Adam showed up at the narrator's apartment. Jason could feel every bit of nervous energy the narrator felt. They had shared so much and there was no denying how he felt about Adam. Adam seemed to have no problem sharing how he felt about the narrator either.

They wasted no time in making love and this, this reminded Jason all too well of his own life. It was as if, in way, he'd been living a life similar to this, but more in a fairytale kind of way.

Adam made arrangements to move in the same apartment complex. The narrator offered to have Adam move in with him, but Adam refused. He took the apartment directly below the narrator. Jason was just reading the part where Adam sent a couple of goodnight knocks from the narrator's floor, and he responded the same with his knuckles before kissing the tips of his fingers before placing them on the floor for Adam. Jason was sure Adam was doing the same thing, even though the story wasn't being told from his point of view, when Xander walked into the room.

"It's time."

Jason nervously stood up before placing the book on a small nightstand. He would continue it later but as of right now, his heart wouldn't stop hammering.

Jason was about to get married.

He found himself looking down at the white vest, just part of his 3 piece ensemble. It was going to be a traditional kind of wedding, where he wore white. He was sure what he was wearing, something made from Italian material, but he couldn't be sure. Unlike most weddings he ever heard of, the brides, grooms, brides and brides, oh god this was suddenly getting confusing, he didn't have to lift a finger. The wedding came swiftly.

That didn't mean he was getting cold feet. It was just that for some reason nothing felt real yet.

Jason was in a room, a side room from what he could remember. The whole morning had gone by in a flash, now here was in. In a church building were many generations before him got married, gay and straight alike. Mostly, royal weddings took place here.

Jason stood and took another glance at himself, completely ignoring the life sized mirror nearby. He was thankful he had the room to himself. It was surprisingly bare of decorations. Just a simple wooden desk, chair and various holy objects strung about the room. Just a plain room and it was Jason who wasn't plain like the rest of the room. He stood out.

He carefully started to adjust himself. The suit he wore, when he first saw it, looked like it would've been uncomfortable and maybe too snug for his taste. But since a middle aged tailor measured every inch of his body months ago, and now months later was able to wear it, he found surprisingly comfy. There were white floral designs that we hard to see but as his hand rushed over the fabric, he could feel them there.