t w o ♔

"Ten."

There were hands on my shoulders shaking me like a rag doll. Haven't these people ever heard of being gentle. Does the word gentle not exist in their vocabulary?!

"Ohh, I don't feel so gooddd." I peaked to see who it was and surprise, surprise, it was the love of my life. She sat in front of me, on the bed. "Am I in the hospital? This reminds me of the Notebook." I smiled widely at her, even her disgusted expression was beautiful. I knew I wasn't in the hospital, just thought I'd mess with her.

"What's the Notebook?" She stared at me with curiosity.

Maybe she wasn't the love of my life. What's the

N
o
t
e
B
o
o
k
?

This girl.

I didn't want to upset her so I just smiled, "It's a romantic novel by Nicholas Sparks that was made into a movie. We can watch it together, fyi I will most likely cry but I'll hold my tears in and let you cry so you can rest your head on my shoulder." I closed my eyes and smiled at her.

         "Did they inject you with something?" She grabbed my arms then tried to pat me down, if she wanted me she should I have just said so.

      I shook my head, what a silly girl she is, "That's love talking. You didn't know until now because I'm your soulmate. When soulmates meet, there's this connection, don't you feel it?"
        She frowned, "All I'm feeling is a migraine... I don't know if I should be flattered or offended." I raised my eyebrow, "Offended?" I croaked, sitting up and placing my index and thumb in a pinching motion on my Adam's apple.

"Did I hear you correctly?"

"What do you think I said?"

"Are you playing hard to get?"

She looked annoyed, "I don't play hard to get, if I like a man then I don't play games." She placed her hands on in her lap, lowering her head. "Did I make you uncomfortable?"
She looked up at me, "Now you ask?" She stood up before I could respond and said, "I have to go, see you later Ten."

I finally looked around the room, trying to figure out who's room in was in because it didn't look like my grandfather's. My feet hit the floor, I did a quick stretch and headed out the room.

I rubbed my head as I walked down the hallway, I had no idea what happened earlier. I checked my granddad's bedroom but all I found was his roommate asleep on his bed with the remote in his hands.
It wasn't odd to not see him in his room, he was a busy body so I figured if he wasn't here there I'd keep searching for him.

I was kinda hurt that either Minnie or my grandad didn't check on me, did they not give a shit that I was attacked earlier? I could've gotten into a coma!

Wait, what's my name? I questioned my subconscious.

Ten

"TENNN!!"

I stopped walking down the hallway, "That's not my subconscious..." I whispered, frightened. "Who's there?" I asked, was this place haunted?! "Oh my gosh I have to get out of here!" I shouted turning around to run but then I stopped when I was the last person I wanted to see standing there. That's where that voice was coming from.