Paradox: Pull (II)

["Is it that obvious?" He asks, patting the space next to him.
"Not to her."]
AU: High School
Relationship: Classmates

~*~*~

"You're never going to go out with her if you wallow around in self-pity." Namjoon remarked bluntly, lighting tapping his arm with a toe. The cold tiles of the floor gave him some clarity of his situation.

"Leave your hyung alone to rot." He replies, hissing when there's a harder force on his sides. "I'm trying to be one with the earth, can you not?"

"Nice, that rhymed."

More prodding.

After a moment of unending nudges, Yoongi hit his foot with a surprising amount of force while pushing himself up from his supine position on the floor. The younger man flashed a winning smile while he glowered at him.

"You sad miserable sap."

"I know."

"Your homework and projects won't do themselves."

"I know."

"So aside from having a cursed love life, you'd fail school too. C'mon, we have a class outing in 3 weeks, get your lazy ass up."

Yoongi glares at him though at this point in time, Namjoon was used to it. The taller man held his hand out and pulled him up with ease, jerking his chin towards the bag. More than a little miffed at being lectured, the president grabs it and takes his homework.

----

The black-haired girl moves away, smiling at Rosé when he approached them. She doesn't even look at him.

"Hey."

Her eyes briefly look up and a small smile appears on her face. "Hi."

She doesn't stay long, she never did.

But Rosé saw.

----

Finally, finally, his workload has started to lessen due to his workaholic days. Sure, he didn't neglect to talk to his girlfriend every once and a while but his main focus was his studies.

He looks up from his cluttered desk when the door opens, seeing his mother.

"Yoongi, dear," She says softly. "Your girlfriend, Rosé, is downstairs. You should take a break."

Normally, she would've been ecstatic that his girlfriend would show up but there was a sad, disappointed look in her eyes that Yoongi couldn't help but speak up.

"What?"

His mother seemed to hesitate before replying.

"I just thought that Jisoo girl would be the one. She used to come over for projects, remember? But Rosé is a lovely girl."

He nods, hands in his pockets on his way downstairs. Every step he took seemed to reverberate in his head and try as he might, his heartbeat didn't calm itself when he saw the familiar tuft of hair. She had her arms at her back as she leaned on the wall, eyes shut. There was a slight furrow on her forehead as if she was contemplating life itself before abruptly opening. A shy smile quickly replaced the thoughtful look which relieved him immensely.

"Hey, Chaeyoung." Yoongi greets, a smile already on his face. "What's up?"

There was a flash of hurt and disappointment before she forced to maintain the smile.

"It's our thirdmonthsary."

His eyes widened, pushing his hair back with a hand. "Shit, sorry--"