Chapter 3 : The Starlight Continent

The Starlight Continent is divided into four regions: Dong Cheng Empire, Nan Feng Empire, Xi Qing Empire and Bei Ming Empire. At the center of the continent there is the Qian Shou Mountain* where thousands of mystical beasts roam around and thousands of spirit plants grows.

In this continent cultivators are the most common people. There are also other jobs like armament master, alchemist and beast tamer. They are the hardest to find because to be just one of them require strong mental power and the required elements, and someone who is an armament master or an alchemist or a beast tamer is considered a genius.

To be an armament master require strong mental power, strong physical strength and the fire and metal elements.

To be an alchemist require strong mental power, affinity with the herbs ant the fire and wood elements.

And to be a beast tamer require a mental power much stronger than the other two, it doesn't need any specific element but if the mental power isn't that strong then the beast won't submit and might also go rampage.

All of them have a different rank to represent ones ability that are divided in low, middle, high and peak stage.
The different ranks are:
- Beginner
- Advanced
- Master
- Grand Master
- Expert
- Divine

The spirit power is the power that one absorbs when cultivating. It has five different elements: Fire, Earth, Metal, Water and Wood:
- Fire melts metal.
- Metal penetrates wood.
- Wood separates earth.
- Earth absorbs water.
- Water quenches fire.

There also other elements that aren't the five main element like Thunder, Ice and Wind, but there are also legendary ones like Light, Darkness, Space and Time.

The cultivators can only absorb the spirit power of the element that one has an affinity with. A cultivator with an affinity to one element is considered the most common, with two is already considered rare and one with the affinity of three elements is a genius.

Cultivators have different ranks:
- Beginner
- Practitioner 
- Master
- Grand Master
- Martial King
- Martial Expert
- Martial Overlord
- Martial Saint
- Deity
- God
Each of the ranks has four grades:
- Low stage
- Middle stage
- High stage
- Peak stage

To become a Beginner rank cultivator one has to first be able to feel the spirit power around him, then be able to absorb the spirit power and finally be able to transform the spirit power absorbed into his own spiritual energy. Most of the people start to feel their spiritual power at the age of 9/10.

When reaching at the Practitioner rank cultivator to reach at the next rank, Master, one has to use trice the time he used to become a Practitioner rank cultivator; and when reaching the Master rank cultivator to reach the next rank one has to use trice the time he used to became a Master rank cultivator, and so on. When advancing of rank it will also extend ones lifespan.

In this continent another power exists: the oaths.
When someone makes an oath he has to respect it or there will be a punishment from the heavens. People in this world don't dare to lie under the power of an oath.

*****
Qian Shou Mountain (千兽山) means Thousand Beast Mountain.