2 : joining the job

MINAL'S POV :

next day , when i got up , i started packing my stuff to go back to lahore .i got a call from the hospital . the told me that i was selected for the junior .

" are you sure ? MINAL shah is selected ?" i asked dumbly . i cant believe my luck after the blunder i made yesterday .

" yes mam , isnt it the right number ? " she asked

" yes , its the right number " i wasnt able to contain my happiness .the told me that i have to start my job from monday . it meant that i had 3 days to myself .

i went back to lahore and got all my needed stuff .on sunday evening , i went back and decided to settle down in my hostel . it was just on the back side of the hospital . apparently there were many people working here from different cities .dr asifa was there to welcome me .

" now you take rest . i have to go , shehroz must be waiting for me " she said and i gave her a questioning look .

" dr shehroz you met yesterday is also my husband " she cleared my confusion . i gave her a cheeky smile and she left .

.......

its my first day on my first job . i guess being nervous wont be something special . i quickly got ready and started walking towards the hospital .

dr asifa introduced me to the whole staff and they all looked very sweet. she also gave me a tour of the hospital . we were passing a big office door when dr asifa told me " this is dr siraaj's office.staff also like to call it the principal office " she told me while chuckling lightly .

" dr siraaj is a senior doctor here.. he also owns this hospital and many other in the country . he is a very strict man , so many people get lectured by him on daily basis " she told me

the day was going well , when a nurse told me that dr siraaj wanted me in his office . i went there and after greetings he told me to take a seat .

" how did you like the hospital ?" he asked me and i told him fine .

" i just wanted to inform you that we had better options . but dr asifa saw calliber in you and i also decided to give you chance . i hope that you wont end up losing it . ......i dont like late commers as well .i dont want any selfishness in this hospital ,i want you to fulfill your oath a doctor " he told me and i agreed .

his comment about selfishness really got to me . he didnt even try to sugar coat the thing . by the way , what else was i expecting after last day's answer .

after suffering through a long time in my life , i should have really stopped expecting things from people .

i was told that i would be working directly under dr siraaj for sometime . it made me really nervous . his straight forwardness or rudness ... whatever u like to call it put me on edge .

.