Epilogue 1: ....I choose Ken

Valt

Story Mode - Mental Breakdown(Bad Ending 1)

With all regret, I typed his name on my keypad. Teardrops falling on my phone's screen. Random curses were let out by my own lips and screams that cannot be heard by anyone were echoing in my room.

My heart was about to break in two. I can't bear seeing my friend die in an instant once I type his name...

On the message box, The name "Ken" was written on it. The only boundary that was keeping me from escaping this nightmare was the send button...

'5 seconds..'

The horrific monster named Orochi said in the group chat. I have no other choice... My mind was devoured by fear... Everything. I was all alone. Nobody can help me choose the right decision for me now..

With that, I pressed the send button. I kept screaming. Screaming... Screaming... Until my voice became hoarse and husky...

Shu was saddened... He started to type curses with Typos. While Ken... He just typed an emoji with a smile on it.

'Hahaha... Ken it is.'

Orochi, finally said before he left the chatroom. Shu was spamming me with several messages like...

'WHY NOT ME?'
'VALT WHY DIDN'T YOU KILLED ME?!'
'VALT KILL ME INSTEAD!'
'I DONT DESERVE TO LIVE VALT!!!'

I didn't get to respond. My hands were shaking that my phone fell on the floor. I just stared at it, speechless. Not knowing what else would happen the moment Orochi left the chatroom.

'VALT ANSWER ME!!'

Then my phone rings... Shu was calling. But I can't even pick up my phone, nor even press the answer and decline button. I was so afraid...

When I didn't get to answer the call for a minute, the voicemail activated...

"Valt..."Shu was sobbing. He must be... Afraid too..."Why... Why me.. Over him... Why... Am I that important to you...? Valt... Why... Why didn't you just let me die... Why are you like that... Why do you care so much about me... Even if it's my fault in the first place.. Even if it should be my burden... Why did you saved me.."

"AAHHHHH!!!"I screamed, unable to even speak a word about what had happened. I kept on punching the floor in anger, grief. Whatever you want to call my agony. "Stupid Valt! Stupid! It wasn't Shu's fault... It's mine!"

I punched myself. Droplets of blood was falling on the floor. My lips were covered in blood... I punched myself way too hard...

'KEN MIDORI ANNIHILATED.'

His Annihilation was stated in Capital and Bold letters. As if Orochi was trying to annoy me. I was saddened. Enraged. Mixed emotions... I don't know wether I should just stand here and wait for death to come... Or run over to Shu to make sure he is alive.

I stood up and jumped on my feet. Fleeing from my house, I headed to Shu's apartment. Raindrops were falling from the sky, mixing the cold droplets of rain and the blood from my lips.

"S..shu."I shivered. I ran, and ran. Until I reached his apartment with my clothes soaked. Water dropping from my hair down to my toes.

"Shu The Game is Over... Shu..."My breathing was about to fail... But I quickly recovered once my fingers touched Shu's doorknob."SHU!"

I hurriedly opened the door. Panicking... Panicking. My vision started to darken because of several things that are running in my head.

Inside the dark and cold room, was Shu Kurenai. He was standing on a corner holding out his smartphone. The phone's brightness was the only one that kept the room lit.

His albino eyes were reflected by the brightness of the phone. From here.. I can see his tears dropping on his phone screen. I can hear his sob, his grief... His sadness.

"Valt..."He slowly lifted his head, shifting his gaze from the phone, then to me. He shoot a disapproving look at me. Those gaze... It's making me shiver."Why me...?"

His tears weren't just normal kind of tears... It was blood. Those thick and dense red fluid running down his cheeks. I am certain it's blood.. Why is he tearing blood?

"Shu..."My eyes widened, my legs were shaking that it made me fell on the ground. I felt weak, unable to even move or speak a single word. Shu was still crying... Blood... Blood...

"Valt... WHY ME?!"He started to grin, smile, laugh... Until he had his breakdown. His actions... It was scary and traumatizing.

But what caught my attention was that knife on his hand. It was shining, reflected by the phone screen. His phone fell on the floor. Droplets of blood were also dropping from the knife.

"Valt... Valt... Ahaha..."He stepped closer to me, pulling something... No someone from his back. "Valt... Why am I not happy...? We're all alone now... Nothing can stop me... Everyone's dead... Orochi's dead... I killed him..."

The.. The body... It was Orochi... "Shu..."

"Aha... Ha... Hahaha... Valt......"He grins. A smile that I will never forget... He pointed the knife at me, then he placed the gun on his head,"Die With me Valt... Die with me......."

"Shu... N... No... Shu. Snap out of it...!"My voice was shaking out of fear. I was stammering. Unable to speak clearly.

"I'm completely sane....... Die with me Valt......."He was about to pull the trigger, as well as he was about to Stab the sharp, shining knife at me."Valt....... I... Love you.... So... That's why... I'll... Kill... You... And I.... So we... Could be... Happy... In another life......"

He was twitching. His eyes, his body movements. It was scary. I was left frozen in place. Waiting for things that I was expecting to happen. I just stared at Shu in awe. I was trying to read his mind through his eyes... but all I see was a blank... glassy... and emotionless eyes.

"Valt..."He stared at me closer, still with the gun pointed at his head, and the knife placed on my neck. "Valt....... Goodnight."

With that... He gave me his final smile, and of course... My final breath. He casted the knife on my neck, blood splattering on his cheeks... I can't feel anything at all. I just stared at him, smiling... Pulling the trigger of the gun that costs him his final breath.

Before my vision darkens... All I see was him, returning to his old self the moment his eyes closed.

Shu... Why am I happy...

That you killed me...

And in the end... Everyone dies...

Everything was worthless after all....

This game is unfair....

No....

We deserve to die...

All of us...

We're all traitors.