Chapter Three

"Look, how wet you are for me baby. It's simply stunning."

"Pretty full of yourself aren't you."

"Why of course, I'm the best," he says with a dimpled smile.

"You keep telling yourself that. You're nothing but a jackass," I said with a half ass sneered. His response was to laugh. "And don't you think for a second that I'm not gonna get you back for this."

"By maxing out my credit cards," he teased. "In twenty-four hours were going to be married and that won't work anymore. Your money will be my money, and my money will be your money. You won't be able to kill my pockets anymore," he smirked triumphantly.

"I did not kill your pockets. You willingly put that plastic card in my hand. I just had a good day," I said as I finally pulled myself out of the pool. My hair was drenched along with my three hundred dollar dress. I bet my make-up was running and I looked like a complete mess.

"Speaking of plastic cards," I continued as I wringed out my hair. "I'm gonna need yours. I plan on going to the spa and getting beautified before the wedding," I said as I held out my hand.

"Couldn't you just get your girlfriends for that? Why waste more money. This wedding is already causing us a fortune. I bet you spent more than a hundred on getting drinks yesterday," he said as he dug out his wallet.

"I have you know me and my girls left practically sober."

"Really, will that's no fun, especially when daddy dearest didn't allow strippers since he practically threw money at you."

"If I recalled you also stated 'I don't want any men surrounded by what is officially mine.' So don't act like you had nothing to do with it either, honey. I know you."

"And I know you just as well as I know your friends. I would bet money on it that they ditch you for any willing man they could just to get their fill."

"My girls are nothing like that. They stuck with me through the whole night," I said as I snatched the card from his hand. "They are very loyal."

"Well, just be careful. I heard slut was contagious," he said as a smile pulled on his lips before he erupted in laughter.

A pout formed on my lips.

"Baby, why are you so mean to my friends; their very nice girls and plenty of fun."

"If you say so; go get ready. You'll be meeting my son in a couple of hours and we can't be late."

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about that," I said as a wave of nausea crept in my stomach. "Are you sure you don't have any pictures of him around."

"Positive, lost it in the fire and he lives with his mother most of the time, but no worry he's a cute kid. His mom of course is one hell of a looker. He takes after her mostly," he said. "No need to worry he'll love you," he said in a generous tone.

"Alright, if you're sure, but you know me impressions are everything. I'll be upstairs in the shower."

"How about'..."

"And no. you can't join me," I said as he laughed in response.

As I stood in the shower my mind was basically in wonderland. My heart was pounding in anxiety. The memories of last night filled my vision making me choke on dread. I, Serina Hartwell, am a dirty cheater. I'm one of those girls that I always bitched about, especially when they had something good right in front of them. I almost panicked that he read through my lie. I can't believe I cheated on my fiancé, my soon to be husband. Is it bad that I hope he had a drunken night of passionate sex as well. I guess that wouldn't really help in my case, would it? Mostly because I wasn't even drunk. I'm so stupid to let temptation get to me. Last night of being a free woman; what the hell was I thinking? I wasn't even free when I left the house and that type of shit sure won't fly with Heath. He has a terrible temper. He must never know.

I realized I'm on the verge of tears as I exit the shower. My hands are a little shaky and my nerves are all over the place. I don't know if this is because of what I did last night or because I'm about to meet my soon to be stepson within the next hour. The only thing I know about him is his name, Jonah. There's not much to go by besides what I just learned.

I put my dark burgundy hair in to a high ponytail. Once I'm done applying my eye shadow and eye liner, I put on my famous ruby red lip stick. I decide on a fitted red dress and tall black pumps before heading downstairs.

"Well, you sure do clean up nice," I said as I gazed at Heath's appearance. He was still in a tight white V-neck and fitted blue jeans.

"Don't you think you should go get ready?"

"I am ready," he laughed. "He's my son. There's no need to impress him for goodness sakes."

"I thought we were going somewhere nice."

"We are. It is consider decent," he said with a small smile.

"Well then go put on a button down and some slacks. I won't be the only one looking nice. Unlike you, I actually am trying to impress your son and I don't want to look like I'm trying to hard; so get changed."

He made no attempts to move. Pulling a full pout to my lips I said, "Please." This caused him to smile in response. He stood up and gave me a quick peck before heading up the stairs. As he gets ready, I open the cabinet and take a valium to relax my nerves. My mind wonders into another world as I try to conjure what Jonah looks like. Apparently he looks nothing like Heath, which is a shame because Heath looks amazing.

I jumped out of my skin as an arm slips around my waist.

"You scared the crap out of me," I said through escaped chuckles.

I turned my face towards him to see him smiling at me. My eye lids becoming hooded as we leaned closer to each other. My lips capture his in a sweet delicate kiss. As he becomes more ferocious, I pull back before we get lost in the passion. A daze expression stays on his face as he continues to stare at my lips. I lick them slowly causing his eyes to darken a little bit.

"We can't be late," I stated.

He nodded before walking out of the room. I followed him towards his polished black Lamborghini.

We arrived at a small restaurant that I've never heard of. We didn't seem to need any reservations as we walked on through and took a booth near the front center of the restaurant.

"I've never been here before," I said as I looked around. "They have a horrible color scheme."

"It's a diner dear. It a locals place," he said smiling. "You wouldn't know that now would you. Unless it was full of fame and wealth along with some terribly long name that couldn't be pronounced by eighty percent of the world," he smirked. His dimples coming into view as he did so.

"You're lucky those dimples save your cute ass from this glass of water," I lightly teased.

"I agree those damn dimples seem to save you at every turn," said a familiar voice.

Heath quickly stood up as he was engulfed in a hug.

"I'm glad you made it," Heath said with a genuine smile.

"Me too," the familiar voice said softly.

"Serina, I want you to meet my son, Jonah. Jonah this is Serina. Isn't she a looker?"

"She sure is dad," he said as he turned around.

There stood my last night fling. The man who said his name was Royce and went at like a wild animal through the whole night. The so called man who said this was a onetime thing who is apparently my step son. Dear God, what have I done?

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN♥