Chapter 8

Sarah was distractedly thinking about what had happened with Damon last night. She knew he had genuinely cared for her in the past but one thing that had bothered her was how much he had changed since then, she felt that the Damon in her memories and him now weren't even on the same wavelength anymore. Another thing that had confused her was how she could see her memories with him when she was wide awake, her mother never mentioned anything about it in her diaries so she didn't know if it was it natural for her to see them or if it was some kind of reaction to his vampire blood. She wondered what it all mean't for her although her dreams always faded to the background every morning when she woke, the ones which she had with Damon still remained burnt in her mind. She'd been combing through her library for anything that could be remotely related to it but came up disappointingly short.

She got into the shower late that evening trying to relax herself from all the stress she felt over the day and quickly changed into an oversized white sweater and some dark blue skin tight jeans before leaving the house. Today was the school carnival another event in this small mysterious town which she noticed happened a lot but this was the first time she was looking forward to it. She drove towards the school with the intention of having some fun today. She loved being at carnivals, it was the only thing that had reminded her of the happy memories she had with her parents. She wished Emma was here to enjoy it with her but she wasn't free at the moment. She was busy running around trying to get her final painting done for her first preview before the gallery opening. But then again the more she thought about it, she didn't really want Emma hanging around Mystic Falls especially when the place was crawling with vampires she rather her be safe away. It wasn't too late when she arrived but it was cold and she was freezing. She was glad that she wore a sweater out tonight wishing she bought a jacket with her too. The carnival had already started she was walking around looking at the different stalls and finally settled on buying some caramel popcorn before going on any of the rides when a brunette girl grabbed her wrist as she walked by getting her attention.

"Hey your Sarah right, I really need a favor can you please take my spot at the kissing booth, I desperately need to use the bathroom. It'll be only for a few minutes. Please." She pleaded looking at her, she realised that her name was Dana and that she was in one of her classes.

"Um, It's really not my thing. Sorry." Sarah said softly shaking her head trying to walk away.

"Please it's only for a few minutes. I'll owe you one. Please." Dana said pleading holding onto her arm which made her sigh.

"Fine, you got five minutes. Hurry back." Sarah said relenting as Dana beamed.

"Your paired up with Aimee. It's over there. Thanks again. I'll be right back." Dana said walking away quickly, Sarah walked over to the kissing booth and groaned in irritation looking at the line.

"Hey your Sarah right. I'm Aimee. Take a seat and pray these next few minutes go as quickly as possible." Aimee said after kissing some random guy then made a disgusted face to her as he left.

"Yeah I'm really praying." Sarah muttered truthfully wondering what she'd gotten herself into.

A brunette guy pulled out a worn out ticket from his pocket and cut into the line approaching her ignoring the people yelling and groaning at him.

"Hey your new here, I'm Tyler. What's your name?" He said smiling handing her his ticket.

"Sarah. So lets get this over with." Sarah muttered irritated putting his ticket in the jar.

"You don't sound too excited, I have to admit, I've never had that kind of reaction when I'm about to kiss a cute girl before." He said standing right in front of the booth chuckling.