6

Normal POV

"What's that smile for?" I asked Nick as our food came. "I'm just so glad that you're making friends here." He smiled even bigger. "I'm just happy that not everyone has the same opinion about me." I breathed a sigh of relief. "Hopefully nobody will think of you like that after seeing us together again & seeing how happy I am." He said. "Are you really that happy to have me back?" I asked.

"Of course I am baby. I would so marry you tomorrow, if I thought you'd want that." He smiled. "I don't know about tomorrow," I chuckled, "but definitely in the future." I smiled. "Really baby girl?" He asked. "Of course. I said that I never wanna be without you again and I meant it." I smiled and kissed his cheek. "So, where would you want us to get married?" He asked. "You might not be ok with it." I warned him. "Sweetie, I want whatever you want." He smiled.

"Ok, well you know how my grandparents and uncle stopped traveling because it became difficult for my grandpa, right? And now, it's difficult because my grandma isn't getting my grandpa's retirement money, so it's just hard." I asked. "I do, & I totally agree. I would love to have a small wedding anyway. I think having it there would be perfect. I just need to get permission." He smiled. "I'm pretty sure that you'll get it. Grandma has always loved you." I grinned.
*
Nick's POV

After dropping my baby back off at Logan's, I drove back to my house. "I hope I'm not making a huge mistake here." I sighed as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and searched for her grandmother's phone number. "Hello?" She answered after 2 rings. "Hi Mrs. Poulsen, I don't know if you remember me, but my name is Nick Jonas, I was Hope's boyfriend. Actually, I am Hope's boyfriend." I smiled.

"Oh, you two are back together? That's wonderful! Of course I remember you, Nick!" She exclaimed. "So, how are you two doing? Her mom did tell me that Hope is back in LA." She said. "We're doing great! That's actually why I'm calling." I started. "Go on." She said.

"So, while we were waiting for our breakfast this morning, I may have brought up the fact that I wanna marry her one day." I explained. "And how did she take that?" Grandma asked. "She told me that she felt the exact same way." I exclaimed. "Then she began telling me that if we were to get married, she would really love to have the wedding at your place. That way you guys could be there. Plus, it's beautiful." I explained.

"Wow. I think that would be perfect. We'd have to figure out how to accommodate all of your guests, but there is a few hotels here, so I think we can make it happen." She exclaimed. "Ok. Well, now that I have the venue taken care of, I guess I should talk to her parents." I sighed. "Nick, they're going to be very excited about this. They support your relationship. They always have." Grandma explained. "Thank you." I said appreciatively & then we hung up. Now to call her parents.
*
I sat on my couch debating on what I was going to say when they answered, when my phone suddenly rang. Joe. Great. "What's up man?" I asked when I answered. "Why aren't you on the phone with her parents yet? Or her grandma? Hope told me what y'all talked about." He lectured me. "Relax, I already talked to her grandma & she would love for us to get married at their house. Now, I am definitely going back and forth with what I am going to say to her parents." I sighed.

"Why? Her parents and sisters love you." Joe reminded me. "I.. I know, I'm just afraid that they are going to feel like we're moving to fast." I sighed. "Nick, you two have been head over heels in love with each other for over five years now, this has been a long time coming. Everyone knows it." He said comfortingly. "Thanks bro." I smiled. "No problem man. Now, call them!" He ordered & we hung up. Here goes nothing. Or everything.
*
*
"Nick? Is everything ok?" Mrs. A asked worriedly. "Everything is fine. I was actually hoping that I could talk to you and your husband about something." I explained. "Oh. Yeah. Of course, just let me go get him. He's in the living room with the girls." She said. "Actually, if the girls are there, I'd really love to talk to all of you." I asked. "Of course. Let me just turn my phone to FaceTime so we can see each other." She said & turned on FaceTime as she walked to the living room.

"So.. what's going on?" Hope's sister Bekah asked. "Well, you guys know how much I love Hopey, right? How much I've always loved her?" I asked. "Of course we do, Nick. We've never doubted that. And neither has she." Mrs. A smiled. "Well, I was hoping that I could get your blessings to propose." I announced & the girls screamed. "Of course you have our blessings Nick. Like we said earlier, we've always known how much you love her." Mr. A smiled.
*
After explaining the conversation that I had with her grandmother, everyone was even more excited. "We don't have a date yet though, right?" Megan asked. "Well, technically I haven't even proposed yet, so we'll talk about it afterwards. Which brings me to my next question, can I fly my family down there & propose during dinner or something. I just.. you guys should be there when it happens." I explained.

"Of course. Just let us know when y'all are planning on coming & we will figure out where everyone is staying." Her mom explained. "Thank you guys so much. I was actually really nervous, but y'all made me feel so much better." I thanked them. "Of course Nick, now you have some things you need to take care of." She smiled. "Make sure you send us a picture of the Ring you pick." Megan reminded me. "Of course." I smiled then a few minutes later we hung up.