2

2 BREAK OUT

2 BREAK OUT

IT WASNT UNTIL 3 DAYS after Tobias had talked with his father about talking to the blonde girl until they saw the first group of newcomers. Gally sat down with the rest of the crew at the dinner table. Harley, Chuck, and Dahlia all sat across the table. The dining room was filled with the usual families, filled with children, teens, and parents who were all happily munching away at the food in front of everyone. Dante always sat at one of the heads of the table, while Cage sat at another, but Tobias avoided it at all cost.

"So you are going to talk to one of them today right?" Gally asked. "Get some answers?"

"That's the plan," Tobias answered. "I don't know how much we are going to get out of her,"

"Do you think there are more of them?" Harley asked. "Like what if they come down from space?"

"They don't have the firepower to come down to earth," Oliver said. "If they have been up there for over 100 years, all their resources are shot, coming down is almost physically impossible, and if they do come down the ship would explode from all the pressure and everyone would die,"

"Morbid," Dahlia commented.

"Extremely," Oliver whispered.

"Either way, there is a possibility they could make it down here, and there could be more of them," Harley commented. "There is always a possibility,"

"She's not wrong," Tobias interjected. "The probability is unlikely but possible,"

"Okay we are eating here," Keenan added. "And I don't like talking about probabilities while eating, so everyone can it with the outsiders and let's eat,"

"Wait, who is that?" Chuck asked nodding towards the entrance.

Tobias turned his head to see a few people who were dressed in new clothes, and they did not look familiar. One of the boys in the front was Asian, and he looked petrified, while the one beside him had black hair, and was tall and skinny.

"They must be more from the quarantine," Keenan said.

Dante got up from his seat, and everyone immediately fell silent.

"Everyone, let me introduce to you our new friends from the ground who are safe from the horrible grounders who terrorize the ground. Please make them feel at home because this is going to be their new safe haven," Dante smiled. "Please expect more to come!"

Everyone began to clap and cheer, while Tobias slowly clapped along as he watched the group be lead to a table. They looked terrified.

"Look at them squirm," Gally laughed, earning a hard jab from Harley.

"I am going to go," Tobias said. "I have a blonde to talk to, don't do anything to scare them, Gally," Tobias glared over at the boy. "Don't scare them to death,"

"No promises!" Gally called.

Tobias rolled his eyes again before exiting the dining hall. He stole a quick glance at the group who had just walked in before leaving. He made his way through the halls to the elevator to the lower levels where quarantine was.

In the elevator, Tobias ran into Maya Vie, one of the other teens in the mountain. "Hey Maya, how's it going?" Tobias asked.

"Good, good, still on quarantine," Maya smiled. "You? Hows the robots coming along?"

Tobias chuckled. Maya was one of the rare people Tobias confided in about his engineering quests. "Let's just say it blew up in my face, multiple times," he laughed. "Since you are on quarantine, you could actually help me, I have to talk to a girl, blonde, about this tall?"

"I mean, I know who you are talking about," Maya replied. "I have to clean out the cells, her radiation levels could be a bit high,"

"I just have to talk to her about how she got here," Tobias pleaded. "Please, Maya,"

Maya bit her lip. "Fine, but put a mask on. Your dad would kill me if you ever got any radiation poisoning," Maya stated.

Tobias smiled at the black haired girl. "You're the best Maya," Tobias laughed.

"She is over here, in this cell," Maya pointed to the cell down the hall. Tobias peered into the cells, and they were still pretty full. Tobias saw kids his own age sitting against the walls, banging on the doors, pleading to be let out. Tobias stopped at one of the doors, peering in to look at one of the teens.

It wasn't the blonde he was looking for, but it was someone. Tobias heard a loud smash of the glass. Tobias jumped, as he turned to see the blonde he wanted to talk to with a shard of glass as a knife pressed up against Maya's neck.

"Maya!" Tobias yelled. "Hey —Hey, put the glass down, we are here to help you,"

The blonde shook her head, pressing down harder on Maya's neck. Tobias put his hands up, trying to distract the girl.

"Maya, just breath, okay?" Tobias said. "Listen, we don't want to hurt you, we are trying to save you,"

"Save me?" the girl snapped. "You kept me locked up, where are my friends!"

"Your friends -" Maya started but stopped as the blonde pressed the glass harder to her neck, and let out a whimper.

Tobias could see the radiation levels rise, and he could feel it too. He could see Maya's face begin to get a bit redder and Tobias knew how sensitive she was to radiation outbreaks.

"Your friends are safe!" Tobias yelled quickly. The girl paused for a second. "They are safe, upstairs. Just - Just let Maya go, she didn't do anything wrong,"

"Take me to them," the blonde grunted. "C'mon, take me to my friends or I will kill this girl,"

Maya whimpered as a small amount of blood trickled down her neck. Tobias kept his hands in the air, this was not how he wanted to talk to her. This wasn't supposed to be happening.

"We are just trying to help," Tobias croaked out.