Chapter 2: Flight and fight

'We've been expecting you...' said the man that stood at the front of the group of people. He was a tall white man, with a stubble chin, contoured jaw, deep dark brown eyes and brown hair to match it. He was heavily muscular and was quite board as well. He was dressed in long cargo pants (military style) and a tight black ¾ length sleeve t-shirt. He reached over his arm towards me, I flinched backwards only to feel a chiseled brick wall behind. I turned around and it was the same guy from before, the one who helped me escape. His face grew a frown as he looked down at me and then faded as he looked back at the guy who stuck his arm out to shake my hand. 'Who are you guys?' I asked curiously. ' There's no need to be afraid,Anaya, were here to help.' the man said softly. I shook my head 'I asked who you are, not to tell be not to be afraid!' I answer back loudly. The group behind the man begin to gasp and whisper as they look me up and down. ' We are M.E.T.A (Mutant Equaliser Tactical Association), we are a underground group that aids mutants in need anyway possible and fight for mutant and human equality' the man said sternly. ' My name is Mark Dukes, I am the head of the association currently...' he then turned around to face the group of people 'These are the young mutants that have ended up in my care for various reasons, here we look out for each other, do you understand?'. I nodded my head slowly as I analysed the people in front of me. 'Cassie, do mind taking Anaya to get cleaned up and grab her some fresh clothes?' He said whilst turning back to look over my muddy pajamas. A girl came forward and nodded she signalled me to follow her down one of the corridor that led of the long main corridor. 

She was quite tall around my height, slightly taller and had long rich ginger hair similar to the colour of fire. She had pale skin and a lean skinny body, her legs were quite long and her face was simple, two green eyes, a thin long nose and two slightly thin pink lips. She was dressed in a khaki tank top and some black jeans, on top she had a brown trench coat, black laced heeled boots and a few rings on her fingers.  She was reaching for a white towel and a small bottle on the top of a shelf, she then handed it to me ' The shower is just through there, I'll put some fresh clothes on the outside and when your done give me a shout' she said in a scottish accent, she left giving a gentle smile before leaving. After she left the room, I took a deep breath, truthfully I had to take a breath after all that's happened. I silently slid down the door, quietly sobbing as I realise my mum is dead. After the longest minutes of my life, I grab myself up and make my way to the shower. I take a brief shower, not wanting to stay under the water for that long as I've been in the rain for most of the night. I got into the fresh  ( or what was supposedly fresh) black cami top and some black jeans, on top of that I wore a black denim jacket. There were some old maroon converse look alikes that I slipped on as well. I slicked my wet hair back in a bun and left to find everyone.

Wandering through the hallways, I came across some weird looking people, for example there was a guy that had bright bubblegum blue skin with fins on either side of his face. Another had like pure white skin, deer antlers and full black eyes. I continue to walk pass these people attempting not to stare or look frightened, because it might upset or offend them. However, I did just call them 'Weird looking' so I figure that I've already been offencive to them, just not to their face. Anyway, I peered into different room finding many deserted rooms, with makeshift beds and blankets scattered everywhere. 'Where was everyone?' I quitely questioned myself. I then make my way back to the main corridor, to see everyone huddle in a room that just came off the main corridor. I quietly walked in, hoping not to be noticed. There in front of everyone was several tv screen stacked on top of each other, there was a live surveillance of the area outside of the building and some rooms inside the building. Suddenly, one of the screens had a group of soldiers with guns stealthy making their way on what seemed like the back of the building. 'Oh no' Mark said ' Everyone this is evacuation, this is not a drill'. It was at the moment that chaos started, everyone hurried off to their room grabbing their little belongings. The only remaining people in the room was Cassie, the latin boy, Mark, me, a black guy with some markings on his body and a boy with glasses in a wheelchair. Mark then pointed at me, the latin boy and the boy in the wheelchair ' I need you three to find some type of exit route, the rest follow me we are going to hold them off for as long a possible'. I frowned 'Wait, did you just say me? I just got here I don't know anything about the place' I said quickly. 'We haven't got time for this, she clearly doesn't know what she's doing!' said the latin boy angrily. 'Enough!I trust you Anaya, I know you can do it. Now GO!' Mark said as he and the other two ran towards the main door.