Chapter 1

I stared at the white wall and thought about what the doctor had just told me.

"Im sorry to inform you of this, but you have a brain tumor, and its terminal." He gave me small pat on the back before leaving me alone in the room.

My mom and dad had dropped me off because they had an important meeting to get to. i guess this will be quite a surprise.

The doctor told me i had a year at the most left. its weird to think that at any minute i could just drop of the face of the planet.

I lifted my hand to feel the surface of my head. It didnt feel as though there was anything growing inside. something that could kill me. will kill me.

My stomach began to churn as i thought of what i would have to tell my mother.

I mean you don't usually just walk up to someone and say, " hey mom how are you? im doing fine except for the fact that i might have a pinch of cancer and i might be dead tomorrow but dont worry i have a most a year."

I dont think so.

I slid off of the examining table and walked over to the mirror.

My pale blue eyes were circled with puffy red and purple eyes and my brown hair fell limp around my shoulders. it was strange to see my usually tan face white as a ghost. maybe i wasn't taking the news as well as i had thought.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and texted my mom to tell her i was ready.

I walked out of the small room i had been in and out into the empty hall. I was suppose to wait for the doctor to come back and prescribe me a medication but i wasn't exactly thinkin clearly.

I made my way to the elevator and pressed the button to take me down. the door were nearly closed when a hand reached out to stop it.

In rolled a gernie with a small child without hair. it was obvious this kid had cancer.

"What kind do you have?" i asked him when the door shut.

"Liekemia, they say i have 4 months left." he said looking at me as if it were strange i had been so straight forward.

"I have a brain tumor. i have a year left. You keep fighting alright! when i go i dont want to see you up there do you understand." i said leaning down a bit.

I watched as the small boy nodded his head and smiled. he reached down into a bag and pulled out a small braclet. it was leather with with small beads and engraved in the leather it said stay strong.

He held the braclet out to me and said, "my mom said it helps you with the fight. you are too pretty to die. God is ready to take me as an angel and im ready to be one. You stay strong for me."

The elevator let out a snap ding and the boy was rolled out of the elevator and i continued the rest of my journey down to the first floor alone.

I placed the braclet around my wrist and swore to never take it off.

I hadn't even noticed i had tears running down my face until i felt one drop onto my hand.

I walked out of the elevator only thinking of the little boy that wouldn't make it much longer.

I was in a depressing mood when my mom pulled up in her white honda pilot her stereo blasting Metallica.

"Hi hunny how was the appointment? what did they say about the headaches?" My mom has always been rather blunt about things.

"Well. its not good news." i said looking down at my hands that were ringing around themselves."the doctor said i have a terminal brain tumor."

The car lurched forward and turned to my mom to see her staring blankly at the road, knuckles white on the steering wheel.

"Well i told you it would all be alright! just sinus headaches." she said starting the car again.

"Wait... what? Mom. didnt you hear me?" i asked confusion filling my voice. what is she doing? im dying and she says i have a sinus infection?

"Yes hunny i did and thats great news!" she said patting my leg.

I turned away from her and looked out the car window at all the buildings passing by. I felt a tear run down my face. she was suppose to be supporting me. she was suppose to tell me it was going to be okay.

I looked down at the small braclet the boy had given me.

"...Be strong for me." he had said.

I wiped the tears from my face and placed a small smile on my face. I promised to stay strong for him.

When we had finally reached home my dad was waiting to hear the news. i wlaked over to my father who was sitting on the couch watching some stupid movie from the 70's.

"Hey daddy!" i said moving to sit by him on the couch.

"Hi sugar how was the doctors appointment." He asked turning off the tv to talk to me.

"Oh um. they doctor told me that i um that i have a brain tumor... and um... its a... terminal." i wouldnt... no couldn't look at him as i spoke.

I felt the weight shift on the couch and i looked up to see my dad had left the room.

I sat alone huddled in a ball in the corner of my couch.

First i find out i have a brain tumor and im dying. second my mother is in denial about it all. third my father leaves me alone. Today just isnt my day.

After almost an hour of sitting on the couch i went up to my room to get ready for bed. i wasnt in the mood for dinner.

I layed down and drifted off to sleep hoping tomorrow at school would be kinder to me.

AUTHORS NOTE

HEY SO THIS IS MY NEW STORY! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW