Chapter 6: Too far

***

Rhandell's POV

***

Lexine was really upset, but Ezean's reaction was nowhere near better. They're both my friends, but in this situation, I'm gonna have to pick a side. And I choose the RIGHT side.

"Ezean, you're my friend. I respect you and you know that. But now, you stooped too low", pagkasabi ko nun, sinundan ko na si Lexine.

Paglabas ko, wala na siya sa corridor. Pinuntahan ko lahat; sa library, sa canteen, sa faculty, sa gym, kahit sa field. Wala parin. Until I remembered something. ..sa mga pagkakataong ganito, isa lang naman yung pinipuntahan niya eh.

I was already covered in sweat, but it didn't matter. I have to find her. The door was open, and someone was calling for help. I immediately ran upstairs.

Lexine was on the floor...unconscious, while Carla Buenavidez was holding her head for support. (Carla is famous because of her surname and her mean sister, that's why I recognizer her easily)

"Rhandell! Thank God, she fainted--", I rushed to their side and carried Lexine all the way down to the school clinic. We had to stay outside so I decided to ask Carla what happened.

***

Carla's POV

***

I ran out of the cafeteria. Hindi ko na kaya yung pagkamaldita ng kapatid ko. Hindi naman siya ganun dati eh. Kinuha ko yung lunch ko at kumain sa rooftop. It's more peaceful here.

Naaawa ako sa babae kanina. Wala akong lakas ng loob na ipaglaban siya kanina. It was my chance and I blew it. My sister's getting worse and worse.

It's already past 1:00. But I'd rather stay here. Then, I heard some footsteps running up the stairs. It was her, the newbie. Nung nakita niya 'ko, napatigil siya. Maybe it's because of my resemblance to my sister.

"Hey, it's okay. Do you want to sit down?", she just smiled and walked towards me. As we sat down...

"Uhm...hi. I'm Carla", I said as I stretch a hand for her to shake.

"L-Lexine", she replied and accepted my hand.

"Sorry sa kapatid ko kanina ha? Hindi naman talaga siya ganun dati eh..."

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault", kind girl.

"She was a star here before. In fact, she was the most famous student here. She had always been mean, but never evil. Until Ria arrived...", napatigil ako sandali.

"W-what did she do?", I noticed her stutter between her words. Maybe it's because of her sobs.

"Nothing"

"Nothing? Then how--", I cut her off.

"By doing nothing, she gained the attention, by being herself, she became a hero, by being Ria, she took everything from Clara..."

"Are you mad at Ria?", this time, napunasan na niya yung mga luha nya.

"Yes and No. No because she stood up when no one else would. She even stood up for me one time. Yes because she made my sister worse. Clara was failing her classes, demoted from the Presidency of different clubs, she was defamed by Ria and she got worse and worse", I felt her hand on top of mine...in a comforting sort of way.