Chapter 10: Too far

***

Lexine's POV

***

I went blank. It was Ria's bestfriend, Blaire Diaz.

"What's going on here?"

"Well Miss, this right here is the new girl, Lexine Lucas. As you may have noticed--"

"This ain't the right way to treat a newbie. How did you pass GMRC girls?", ooh...solid burn.

"You're mistaken Blaire. She's none of our concern since she's the one who started a scene with Prince Jackson--", Clara said but Blaire interrupted again.

"You're still after him eventhough he's not into you?", the colors from Clara's face drained.

"Why are you like that all of a sudden Queen B? You usually stand up for us!"

"Which is one of the biggest mistakes I made! You manipulate people to change the actual story these past years. If I haven't caught you in the act, I would still be the fool you made...", the girls froze.

"If I know, your the one causing commotions behind my back and spreading rumors about me! You really think you could hide it from me? Can't you be any less brainless than you already are? Also my dear, I'm not stupid. She didn't start the scene with Jackson, he did. And because of her resemblance to Ria, I don't know how long the Princes would wait to get back at you and protect her. So for your sake, get off b*tches...", and with that, she helped me get up and go away from them.

We went straight to the school's parking area.

"Uh...mam thank you po", I said.

"No need. It was the last straw anyway", she said with a genuine smile. Tinitigan niya ako saglit. She held my left cheek with her right hand.

"The rumors are true...you do look like her...", sabi pa niya. Tatanggalin niya na sana yung salamin ko kaya pinigilan ko na.

"Uhm, miss. Sige ho mauuna na'ko. Nice to meet you--"

"Blaire. Call me Blaire", I just smiled as she let out a hand.

"Lexine", I reply as we shake hands.

"Well it's no doubt they hate you that much, with your resemblance to Ria and the Princes' concern about you, they're surely furious"

"I just hope they stop soon. Hindi ko alam kung kakayanin ko pa sila"

"Well, they won't give up, that's for sure. But don't worry, with the Princes' protecting you, they'll stop in no time", I scoff at her words.

"I think you got it all wrong Miss Blaire, that was just a show they tried to pull-off. Ikaw na rin nagsabi na kahawig ko yung Ria, it's either that or they're just playing with me. They didn't even bother helping me out while I was being bullied by another party..."

"Well if that's the case, I'll leave you then. If it's only the girls who are against you, I can still help. But the Princes, that's a tough battle", akala ko pa naman tutulungan niya ko. Turns out she only helped me 'cause she thought it was only the girls I'm against.

"It's okay. Ayoko din namang may madamay. Besides, you've helped me enough today. So thank you", I said with a genuine smile.

"San ka nga pala uuwi? Hatid na kita", Blaire offered but I refused. Hindi niya pwedeng nalaman na kasama ko sa iisang bahay yung mga lalaking yun.

"Hindi na. May dadaanan din naman ako eh , but thanks for the invitation", I said and left...

Paika-ika akong naglakad palabas ng campus. Sh*t I'm getting dizzy. It feels like each step makes my vision blurry.