The Day We Date- Chapter 2

Chapter 2 *15 years old*

We were 15 a year after we met and we constantly flirted with each other. We were in our Sophomore year at high school, where everything became a routine and we got used to high school life. I remembered on Matt's birthday, I brought him a gift from my locker that I hid in there for 3 days, so he can stop snooping around my room. 

I waved the baby blue bag in front of his face and he chuckled to how silly I was. He grabbed the bag and moved the tissue paper to see his small gift wrapped in more tissue paper. 

He unwrapped it and held out a bracelet with my name on it with little beads on the bracelet. I held up my right wrist to show him my bracelet that looks similar to his except with his name on mine. 

"Remember when we made these in Art class last year and you literally forced mine onto my arm and said that no matter what, nothing can separate us? You left it at my house after that day and forgotten about it." I smiled as I brought that memory back up saw how his mouth turned into a big smile. 

"Kenna Clara Charms, you amaze me in more ways than its possible to count and I would celebrate my birthday by having things given to me, but I would like to celebrate it by giving you 3 things that will change us." He slipped on the bracelet and held my hands in his. I had no idea that my crush would turn into a thing. I crushed on him more than ever.

"Matt?" I was confused because what could he possibly give to me on his birthday.

"Kenna, I like you. I started to like you ever since Freshmen year in Mrs. Porkers class in Geometry. Since I became your partner and I tried flirting with you. And damn, you're my biggest crush since elemantary school, and I like you Kenna."

I was lost for words that day and just smiled. My crush turned into a thing that day. A relationship.

"That was my first gift to you and my second gift to you is this." He held my chin with his thumb and index finger then leaned in. 

His lips met mine and they molded together. I felt sparks and fire exploding in my body. That was also the day where we were each other's first kiss. But it seemed like he kissed with experience and I kissed with low experience. After what seemed forever, we broke apart.

We didn't even care that it was before school and other students were roaming around. We were both breathing heavily and had red lips with flushed faces. 

"My third gift for you, is will you be my girlfriend Kenna? In sickness and health, for better and for worse?" He held my face with his soothing palms and I nodded yes. He came in for another kiss and for his birthday, we spent the whole day together.

We told our families that night and had dinner for Matt's birthday. I knew in my heart that I loved Matt no matter what, but it changed when we were 16. One night changed my life forever.

And it will never be the same.