Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Amber’s POV

                So when we got home I asked CC to carry me inside. After running all over the park for about a half hour I didn’t have the energy to walk inside. Once we were inside he carried me upstairs. “CC… I feel dead.” I complained.

                “That’s what you get for running around the playground so long.” He smirked.

                “I had to smack him!” I told him but all he did was laugh. He opened my bedroom door and threw me on the bed. “CC. I don’t like feeling dead.” I said.

                “Well I wouldn’t think you would like. Oh goody! I can’t feel my legs!” He exclaimed. I just laughed and I grabbed my pillow. He smiled and walked over to my door. “See ya later Amber!” He waved before closing my door behind him.

                J closed my eyes and I felt my body falling asleep till I heard the door open. “Who is it?” I groaned, not bothering to open my eyes.

                “Andy.” I heard him chuckle light.

                “Hi.” I said, then turning the other way to try and go back to sleep.

                “We have to talk about school.” He said, my eyes snapped open.

                “You can’t send me there Andy you just can’t” I complained as I jumped off my bed and went down on my hands and knees. “If I go I would die.” I said, exaggerating a tad.

                “Then why not do homeschooling? Like on the computer.” He suggested.

                “Homeschooling?” I looked up with hope in my eyes.

                “Yeah then you’ll always be with us.” Andy smiled. My mouth dropped, quickly getting off my knees I soon gave him a super tight hug. “I love you!” I said squeezing him.

                “I love you too- CC and I are going to set you up.” He smiled as I got off of him. He left the room and I went to change into something more comfortable. Alice in Wonderland sweater, black leggings, and a pair of socks. I flopped onto my bed and plugged my earbuds onto my phone which was sitting on my nightstand. I flipped on shuffle and tried to fall back asleep.

                Then another knock. I decided this time I would pretend to be asleep so whoever it was would go away. But another knock. I groaned and put a lonely pillow over my head. “Amber.” I heard Ashley say.

                I was not going to get up. I was nice in comfortable. Soon my door open and I made sure to pretend that I was sleeping. He shook my shoulder. “Amber. Wake up.” He said.

                “No go away…” I groaned, trying to swat his hand away.

                “Were going to go visit someone.” Ashley said.

                “Who.” I said into the pillow.

                “A friend of CC’s.” He told me.

                “Is he weird?” I asked, lifting my head and he chuckled.

                “SHE isn’t. In my perspective obviously but she’s a sweet little girl.” He smiled. I frowned.

                “Little girl?” I asked.

                “Yeah CC met a little girl after a concert near the dumpsters and they became friends and they visit from time to time.” Ashley explained.

                “Grab my shoes. I hope the girl doesn’t mind my lack off dressing.” I looked down at myself once I stood up and fixed my hair. “And you guys seriously need to give me a Do Not Disturb sign. I haven’t been able to sleep at all today.” I complained as I took my combat boots from him.

                “I’ll look into it.” He grinned as I tied my shows and stood up. I grabbed a beanie off a hook which had multiple beanies and hats on it. I tugged it on and I opened the door and walked out.

                When I came downstairs there was a little girl. No more than 5, standing there in a small black hoodie, boot cut jeans and black converse. She has little pig tails and sparkling green eyes. I smiled at the girl once I reached the bottom step. I looked over at my brother so he would introduce me.

                “Amber, this is Danielle. Danielle, this is my younger sister Amber.” He looked at the both of us.

                “Hi.” I waved shyly.

                “Hi I’m Danni.” Danielle said as she smiled, seeming not have lost her front teeth yet. I gave the girl a hand shake and soon Andy clasped his hands together.

                “How about we go to a restaurant or something?” He suggested.

                “I’m never going to rest am I?” I sighed.

                “No I don’t think so.” Jinxx grinned.

                “Can I just stay here?” I asked.

                “Nope you’re coming with us.” Jake grinned. I sighed once again and went out to CC’s car sense I presume he was driving. Everyone followed and we had the same seating arrangements but Danni was in the middle seat between Jake and CC.

                We decided to go to a diner for dinner which was weird. But let’s be honest here- it’s not like they could walk into their favorite bar with a 5 year old. Her mother would be furious! Actually, I didn’t even know if she had a mother.

                I ordered a small salad and a glass of water. Everyone ordered like a sandwich or something. Danni had a sandwich off the kids menu which was surprising. When our food came Ashley broke the silence. “CC you never really went into detail about Danni.” Ashley said.

                “The first thing that’s actually right coming from your mouth.” I grinned. He kicked me from under the table and I stuck my tongue out at him.

                “So I met Danni during Set the World on Fire. I found her alone by the dumpsters in Sacramento. We talked and we became friends. Her parents aren’t here at the moment and she lives with her grandmother.” CC explained. I knew where her parents were.

                I’ll just say boxes fit for bodies.

                “I never knew after seeing you at playground yesterday you would have a friend that was under 7.” I grinned at him.

                “I think to be honest you, Ashley, and Andy were the weird ones there yesterday.” CC laughed.

                “Maybe.” I bit my lip in embarrassment.

                “Well Ashley was giving the little kids there a lesson.” Jake chuckled.

                “Hey it’s very important not to have dinosaurs on top of you without pro-” I cut Ashley off.

                “There’s a little innocent child right there and you’re tainting her mind!” I snapped at him.

                “Well that’s why I am telling her this lesson.” Ashley explained.

                “Oh I can’t take it.” I sighed as I put my head in my hands, making the boys laugh while Danni stayed quiet. Honestly I only heard her talk once. She was a very shy child and I don’t think trusted the other 4 boys.

                I think when she meets me she will trust a boy and a girl, with the same last name.