Truth

Ahem...

◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑

Finally, the day came when we got to expose Yuno.

Getting acquainted with Ninth she gave us a ride to the last lab and one back to Yuno and Yuki. Arriving on a motorcycle we stopped Yuno from killing another diary user.

"Akise! Y/n what are you doing here?

"Hey kiddies we're gonna have us a little chat ok

"You've got the grenade so you start," Yuki growled

Hey, I do have an eye for a good time. I picked up lovers Sherlock and Watson here went down to the lab and then we used a police scanner to track down you party animals." Ninth smirked

"Turns out we found a positive match for the DNA of contestant number three in your backyard hobby hole." I tossed the results to Yuki

"Go ahead Yuki, open it up." Yuki opened the box only to look at us confused.

"I don't get it."

"It's something we were able to track down at the original orphanage where Yuno and (Y/n) were abandoned as newborns." Aru pulled me by my waist and pressed a chaste kiss to my cheek.

"Wait are you saying this is...?" Yuki frowned.

"You figured it out that's a bit of Yuno Gasai's umbilical cord we had the lab salvage whatever DNA they could from that and (Y/n)'s blood and compare it to the DNA from the mystery corpse found with Yuno's folk and in a delightful twist to this story the two samples matched each other perfectly," Aru explained.

"You're a liar! Yuki don't listen, he's lying!" Yuno exclaimed.

"You're telling me they were the same?" Yuki frowned.

"That's right, and when I say they match I don't mean the two samples were taken from the same family, specifically."  

"Please, Yuki make him stop he doesn't know what he's talking about!" Yuno cried.

"It means that the third body is none other than Yuno herself the real Yuno shuffled this mortal coil ages ago," I added to the explanation.

"But then who is this?" Yuki frowned.

"Occam's razor. If Yuno is dead then that girl is an imposter whoever she is I advise you to step away from her." Aru concluded.

"No, I'm not an imposter I swear Yuki I can I can explain! You believe me, don't you? Don't you Yuki we can get through this!" Terrified Yuki began to back away from Yuno.

"NO WAIT! NO! YUKI!" Yuno began to sob. From that moment a sudden gunshot rang through the area, originally aimed for Yuno but Yuki grabbed her away.

"I'm Sorry love." She cried. 

"Its alright let's go," Yuki reassured.

"Are you not listening to us!? Whoever the hell that girl is she most certainly isn't who you think she is." I argued.

"Shut up! I don't give a damn!" Yuki retorted.

~~Later~~

"We should've been more persuasive in making our case for him to drop her." I frowned as Aru and I went back home from visiting the pit again. On our way home we drew out conclusions suddenly my phone made a strange noise.

"Huh?" I frowned looking at my phone.

-Entry- The Aru Diary-  I blushed at the name

Aru and I walk home and Aru texts Kousaka and the others to help officer Nishijima and Ninth.

"What is it?" Aru frowned, turning to him I showed him my phone. With a nod, he checked his then texted the others. Later that night they formed a plan and texted us about it.

~The next day~

Getting in our disguises we prepared for the plan taking place the next day. We knew everything that was going to happen. Standing in a room Aru and I guarded a tied up Eight, It wasn't long before Yuno found us.

"Eighth." She breathed heavily.

"Time to cut a whore in half!" Yuno lunged with her Katana but Aru and I blocked it with our baton.

"Get out of my way, now!" She growled swiping at our head, suddenly her phone made a strange noise

"Sorry, Yuno if I die I want you to bring mom and dad back... Yuki's gonna die!?" Yuno cried ignoring us she quickly ran away towards where Yuki was. Using that distraction Aru followed her while I helped Eighth escape a to Aru's home bringing the others along with me.

-The next day-

"Honestly I got half a mind to march you up to his doorstep and ring the bell I think that Yuki's the best candidate for godhead by far.

"What's the other half of your mind say?" Eighth asked.

"Yuno Gasai does not inspire trust in me, Yuki's motive for wanting to win this game is pure, he wants to revive his parents and undo the vents of this bloodbath Yuno, on the other hand, remains such an enigma that we haven't even figured out her real identity. 

I wonder.. sorry but I need to ask a favor." At that moment a strange black orb appeared at the top of the living room. Running out the ball began to get bigger and destroy the house.

"What is this phenomenon?" I frowned.

◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑