25 - The Pack and the Witch

Sky......blue sky... with clouds. I was laying on my back staring up at the sky. In the corners of my eyes, the forest framed the sky, I could smell the eucalyptus in the air. It was peaceful, calm beautiful day. The crisp morning air blew past me kissing my bare skin. I was completely naked.

I tried to recall what had happened last night but nothing. Just nothing. I had no idea how I had gotten outside. All I remembered was walking towards the moonlight in my room. That was the last memory. I sat up and looked around. There was blood and mangled bodies all around me. I covered my mouth to stop myself from screaming. Even my hands were caked with blood and mud, they stank of the same death that surrounded me. 

I had to find out what happened to me last night. Maybe Flame could help me. It was a full moon last night but I'm pretty sure that only lasts over the night. I sighed; he is very rarely actually helping but my mind was panicking.  Before I confronted him and demand those answers I needed to get cleaned up. I slowly got up out of the mud. My whole body was trembling from fear rather than the cold. It suddenly hit me that even though it was the middle of winter and I was outside naked I wasn't cold. Why wasn't I cold? I should have been freezing right now. 

I carefully made my way around the mangled bodies trying my best not to look at them too much. However I did pick up on the fact they were all human bodies but more specifically the bodies of vampires. Fear washed over me and I could feel myself shaking as I walked towards my house. I could even taste blood in my mouth. I must have killed all those vampires last night, but how? 

I kept walking through the forest feeling absolutely terrified. The mangled bodies of vampires were scattered throughout the forest, yet they seemed to be in a trail. They were terrifying me. They looked as if a huge animal had ripped them open. Like some monster had been on a rampage. Had Flame saved me from a brutal vampire attack in his wolf form?

Finally, I came to my house. I couldn't let my parents or brothers see me like this. They were probably awake by now. I looked up at my window. My room was on the second story...  How am I going to get up there?

Maybe I could try climbing the wall. It's a stupid idea but I might as well try. As much as I didn't like the idea of climbing naked at least my room faced the forest rather than the street. I walked over to the wall. It was made of brick so that made it a bit easier. I grabbed onto the bricks my fingertips pushing against the mortar. Surprisingly I was able to grip and support my weight. I began to climb. I never really thought I was that good at climbing but I guess I am. Maybe I should go rock climbing though next time with clothing.

It didn't take me long to reach my window. It was unlocked so I just slid it open and jumped inside. I grabbed some of my clothes and ran into the bathroom so fast no one could see me.

Now to take a shower....

***

After the longest shower ever, trying to clean all the mud and blood off me, couldn't clean the stains on my soul though. I was finally dressed and I was on my way to visit Flame. I really hoped he can help me. My mind was just completely calm with shock I didn't want to think about that scene, that devastation. Maybe I might have been a werewolf too. I did do something weird under the full moon. I don't remember being bitten by a werewolf but maybe you can become a werewolf by kissing another werewolf. Does it work that way? Probably not but it was the only thing I could really think of.

My mind drifted to the night Pan bit me even though I'm the only one who remembers it I am certain I happened. I don't think Pan can make people werewolves since he is a satyr but then why did he bite me? Did he make me a satyr? No, he can't have I'm not part goat and I'm pretty sure satyrs are all male. Then what am I? It was Flame that told me that night didn't happen so I wasn't so sure that he wouldn't do the same thing. At the very least he could have been a comfort.