2

Lani

I looked all around me , I was in the Hospital. But how did i get here? I looked at the man sitting the chair in front of me. I look at him for a moment. He look familiar.

"Who are you?" I questioned him above a whisper. I feel my body getting tense. He looks at me and says
"Chris brown"

I look at him puzzled. He looked nothing like-   I was locked up there for so long. I motion for him to come closer and he gives a unsure look. He gets up and comes closer to me so i can have a better view. I studied his features. Oh its him alright but just older than I remembered.

"you look older now" I say. He looks at me confused.
"I dont want to explain at least not here" I sigh and look into my hands.

" How did i get here? What happened? How-" he cuts me off.

"I found you passed out by my car and brought u here because you weren't waking up." he says .

I nod my head and looked down at my hands. What if James finds me. I have no where to go. I would ask Chris but I dont want to make seem as if im using him. He's done enough. I can just go to. a shelter or something.

The doctor walks in with a bright smile. "Well hello miss, You feeling any better" i nodded. "Well you have a few broken ribs, broken arm, many cuts and bruises,a busted lip, black eye and ur body is swollen.But you need to have someone with you at all times. Your body is to busied up to do to much. Miss by the looks or things you where nearly beaten to death. If you dont mind asking, what happened this isnt normal." He says

I look at him with fear in my eyes. "I was j-jumped, its was so dark i couldn't see the faces. And he found me and toke me here" I said quickly. He nods and looks at Chris .

"I have to fill this out and you guys will be free to go. Please stay safe and you will have to come back in here for check ups, have a nice day" and with that he walks out.

I look at him and  he looks back at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the car

He began to pull the car out out the parking lot and onto the road.

"So where can i take you" He says while focusing on the road.

"Umm" I pause and think " Are there any shelters or anything close by." I say quietly. I hope he just goes through with this.

"My place it is"

"Woah no, you did enough for me I dont want to take advantage of you. Its really okay I- "  he cuts me off.

"Girl you aint doing anyone no harm. You heard what that doctor said.". "You cant stay by your self" he says in a mocking tone. I laugh , something I haven't did in ages.

"She smiles" he says in surprise voice. I smile at his silliness. "But its no problem, you need the help. Plus I kinda wanna know what happened. And not that lie you told the doctor"

"maybe later" i say not wanting to remember what i went threw. Im lost for words so i just stare out the window . Untill we pull up to this big house. I step out the car  and follow him to the door. He opens it and im amazed.

"You gotta be tried. Come on" he says as i start to follow behind him. As i start going up the steps i feel as if my legs are going to give out.i bend over on the steps.

"Can u help me. please" i say lowly. He stops and looks at me for a moment before he helps me up. We finally make it to the room I guess im sleeping in.

"there are a few bug shirts in the closet and if you need anything im in the other room. Goodnight" He says with a smile.

As he mad his way out the room I got in the bed. Haven't been in a bed like this in forever. I lay underneath the covers and drift of to a deep sleep.

Chris

I walk into my room and got ready to go to bed. I slipped off my clothes and got in the bed. A nigga was tiered. I let my mind race as I lay in the bed. She is beautiful not even in her condition would she look any less. But im just trying to do something good. Plus what could someone do to a girl like that. I let my thoughts roam as i drifted off to sleep.

———————————————————————————

Comment and like for next😘
this book good or🤷🏽‍♀️