3

Chris

I woke up early for once. I got in the shower and did my morning routine.once i was done I slipped on some sweats and a white tee, with some black socks. I ran down to the kitchen and began to make some breakfast. I have no clue what she likes but what every I got in here is what we eating. I got the stuff out and began to make pancakes,eggs, and bacon . Basic but good combination. As I got things going , i heard someone coming down the steps. It was her , man i should really ask what her name is.

She was in one of my old shirts. It fit like a dree on her so it worked. She looked relieved to see me.

"I was trying to find out where this smell was coming from. I love pancakes, haven't had then in forever." she says with a smile and sits down waiting for me to be done.

"Before i forget, you want to use my phone to call somebody like your mom?" I questioned her. She looked at me and looked back at the food. AKWARD I need to know why this anit making sense and she dodging my questions.
"Never told me your name"

"Its Lani"

"So Lani , what happened. i gotta know just case something happens"

"like what" she says amused

"somebody could come and shoot at us. They could blow the door off and shoot us. i could die Lani, I could die right here on this floor. Then you would have no where to stay and thats if they let yo ass live. No one is going to be able to pay the bills. How you gone wash ya ass with no water. How you gone heat up some food. Forget having lights. Gone have to use the bathroom out side." I say in all seriousness I gotta lot to live for im not trynna die yet.

"I can become a stripper" she says unfased

"you gone be working a lot of shifts. Be there for maybe 12 hours a day and you would have to be the best one in there. To just pay for the house. maybe the electric to like half of it."

"Hehe so funny. Is the food done?" she says sarcastically.

" wow my life isnt as important than pancakes"smh.

She get up and grabs a plate and fills it up as if she hasn't eaten in days. Is she even gonna get all that. I turn everything off and make my plate and sit down and eat my food.I look up at her to see that her food is gone . I dont even wanna know where all that food went. She gets up and cleans her plate and beings to go up to the room im guessing.

"LANI LETS GO" I yell up at her.

Lani

"LANI LETS GO" Chris yells up the stairs.

"WHERE BOY" i yell back. i went back to the top of the stairs to look down at him.

"i need to go to the store lets go." he demands aas he walks out the door.

I ran down the steps just to meet him in the car. i open the door and hopped in before he speed off.

At the store.

"Chris I really dont need this." I say.

Chris was holding hand full of clothes that he was trying to buy me. He dragged me into this store. I dont want him to spend a lot on me. Me and him walked up to the front of the store so he could pay.

"You been wearing my clothes." He says with a straight face.

"you need something your size." He says as he pulls out his card to pay for the stuff.We both hold bags as we walk out the store and walk to the car.

He opens then door so we can put the stuff in the back seats of the car.

"Chris I-"

*POW*

I screamed and jumped onto chris. As the gun shoots continued to shoot towards us. He holds onto me as he rushes us into the car. i slid into my seat as he drove quickly out the parking lot.

He drives quickly until we are out the area. I sat low in my seat as if im frozen in shock. Chris came to a red light and looked at me.

"hey" he says in a soft tone. "its alright, u okay" Chris says as he put his hand on my thigh. I tensed up ,he looked at me with confused eyes. The light turned green and be began to drive.

"im sor-

""No its fine, chris really" i say with a small smile.

*POP*BOOM*POW*

"WHY" i screamed as i put my hand on my head.

multiple shots were being shot at us. Chris ducked down so he could drive. He speeds unto the high way and drives way over the speed limit untill he thinks it safe.

"Lani"

I hear chris say but i couldn't take in everything that's happening right now. My heart stars to race , feels like its beating out of my chest. I grabbed on to Chris so he can look at me. The words couldn't slip out of my mouth. I was gasping for air.

"LANI ARE YOU OKAY?"  he yelled as i slipped into darkness.