13 Reasons Why

Hey, it's Holly. Hollystripe. That's right. Don't adjust your...whatever device you're hearing this on. It's me, live and in stereo. No return engagements, no encore, and this time, absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to this tape you're one of the reasons why. I'm not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise.

The rules here are pretty simple. There are only two. Rule number one: you listen. Number two: you pass it on. Hopefully neither one will be easy. It's not supposed to be easy, or I would have emailed you an MP3. When you're done listening to all thirteen sides, because there are thirteen sides to every box, and pass them on to the next cat.

Oh, and the box of tapes should have included a map. I'll be mentioning several spots around our beloved territory. I can't force you to visit them, but if you'd like a little more insight, head for the stars. Or, you know, just throw the map away and I'll never know. Or will I? You see, in case you're tempted to break the rules, understand I did make a copy of these tapes, and I left them with a trusted individual who, if this package doesn't make it through all of you, will release those copies in a very public manner. This was not a spur of the moment decision. Do not take me for granted. Not again.

See, I've heard so many stories about me now that I don't know which one is the most popular, but I do know which is the least popular. The truth. See, the truth isn't always the most exciting version of things or the best or the worst. It's somewhere in between, but it deserves to be heard and remembered. The truth will out, like someone said once. It remains.