Chapter 12

yo yo yo

I'm honestly not even gonna try to apologize anymore i literally have no excuse

however I'm back in america so hey !!!!! its been a while since ive been in the US and i can't exactly say i missed it tbh

especially when ur in florida

hurricane season's about to start soon so that's gonna be just lovely

anyway onto this awfully written chapter that was done at like midnight

*~*~*

Sirius watched Scarlett from a distance, who sat and started at her bowl that didn't even have food in it. He watched as she glanced up every once in a while, but not to meet eyes with him— no, each and every time she looked at Dallas. That was, until his friend Aaron sent her a harsh glare, to which she turned back to her bowl and continued the cycle.

Sirius knew that Dallas noticed, and he also knew that the chances of him forgiving her were pretty high. He was completely infatuated with her, so much so that he most likely wouldn't be able to stay angry at her for long. Even Sirius realized how unhealthy he was. But then again, was his pining after her healthy either?

"Mate, you alright?" James asked, nudging him in a playful manner.

Sirius jumped, startled and stammered to answer.

"Y-Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you've been staring at Scarlett for the past five minutes straight— it probably looks a little creepy," Remus said, matter-of-factly.

Sirius glared at him before sighing and putting his head in his hands.

"Is it that obvious?" he asked, voice muffled.

"Yeah," Remus said sympathetically.

James snorted.

"You gotta get over her. Why don't we set you up with someone else instead? It'll be a win-win situation."

"How would it be a win-win situation?"

"Well, we go for sisters. You can get one, and I can get the other!"

"You're disgusting."

"Since when are you not up for a good pair of sisters?" James asked, taken-aback.

"Since I met Scarlett," Sirius spat before shoving away from the table and storming off.

James sighed.

"We really gotta find him someone."

"What happened to Melissa?" Remus asked, frowning.

James sat up in shock, "You're right! What did happen to Melissa?"

"I don't think that he ever broke up with her..."

"Well, that's no good..."

"Let's just leave it to him to figure out, I guess. He'll learn. Eventually."

James sighed and nodded before heading to class with Remus.

*~*~*

"Dallas, please," Scarlett begged in the middle of the Common Room, "just listen, okay? I can explain!"

"What can you explain?" he asked bitterly, shaking his head in frustration, "Merlin, Scarlett, whenever I think that maybe I'm finally out of your hold, you pull me back in and then screw up again and I'm tired of it! I can't keep playing your games! Aaron knows it, I know it, and now maybe Sirius knows it. I have given you chance after chance without your realization. Do you understand how difficult it was for me, seeing how you looked at Sirius when you thought no one was watching? I always was! I know how you feel about him Scarlett, but I thought maybe I could change that. I thought maybe we were making some actual progress. But no. I see that I was wrong."