Chapter 4 - Getting Close

Urrgh ! This day just begun and it's already being a drag. The sun was so immensely hot ,you could've fried eggs on the side walk, literally. School had just ended and I had planned to go to the zoo with a friend of mine , who I had a little crush on but since Lorence came around I completely forgot about that crush. It was surprising to see how easily I can stop liking someone , seemed so easy like it was in my nature. Nevertheless I was still looking forward to going out with him and maybe take my mind off Lorence a bit , I was beginning to scare myself with the amount of time I spent thinking about him.

After class I made my way to town to wait on my friend , Terrance. I arrived to town around twelve midday. As usual , Terrance was late . Though I was accustom to it , I tend to get frustrated quite easily and after three hours of waiting I was completely irritated.

Sitting on a bench in town waiting on Terrence for over three hours , I finally spotted him coming towards me but he wasn't alone . This was suppose to be us time , just the two of us since we never really got to spend time together because he was always working. My eyes narrowed as he and his friend came closer towards me, he saw the disgust in my eyes.

" Hey Lauren, I'm so sorry I am late , I sooooo sorry! :( " he apologized with pleading eyes.

" Save it Terrance , I've been waiting for three hours ! Three hours , Terrence ! Whatever yes , let's just go before the zoo closes" I snared at him bitterly.

I was so pissed I knew I wasn't even going to enjoy this evening.

We , meaning all three of us not two but three of us, arrived at the zoo and began wandering around , looking at the animals . I attempted to discard my anger and at least try to enjoy to myself. It was so hard to include myself , I ended up feeling like a third wheel . I felt as if Terrance wasn't even paying me any attention and my irritation level grew much higher than before. I hated being ignored , especially if the attention was diverted to another boy , seemed all too strange.

After about an hour or so of being ignored , I decided to entirely exclude myself and look at the remaining animals ,alone . Terrance came running after me trying to figure out what was wrong , it made no sense though I was too angry to care about him or anyone else. While walking around the zoo , a thought hit me , it hit me so hard , I immediately felt stupid, I had no idea how to get from the zoo back to town. "WOW, Lauren good job!" I sarcastically whispered to myself . Well I had no choice but to wait on them and head back to town . I did and with all the tension I decided to break it and let Terrance know what was on my mind.

In no time we were back in town. As I got out of the taxi , and began walking I felt my sandal began to dangle next thing I knew ,"PLAX!!!" my sandal burst . " "Great just fucking great !" I exclaimed loudly with force . Now I had to go buy another sandal. Slapping through town with a burst sandal at hand if found a store and bought a pair. This day had been nothing but mishap . This day couldn't have gotten any better or worse . The three of us were just about to head home when my phone buzzed , alerting me there was a message. I paused , reading the message a smile creeped on my face , the message read :

"Lorence Morphine :

Hey , what's up ? "

I felt that one message , made the stress and the weight of my whole day just disappeared. I was now filled with glee.

I replied to his message , he informed me that he was just leaving class and was heading to town to lime with his friends and then invited to come along with him I quickly accepted feeling like this whole day was worth it. I told Terrance that I was gonna stay back and wait for a friend.

I walked back out to the main street an patiently waited on him , knowing he might of taken a while since he was a bit far.

I stood on the corner , nervously waiting , with beads of cold sweat on my face and extremely sweaty palms. I couldn't believe that I was actually going to spend some quality time with him. The thought of it made me melt inside and I liked it . Oh , this feeling I get , no one has never made me feel this way before . I sighed heavily as I began to think I was getting way in over my head. I was so deep in my daze I hadn't even notice he was parked across the street and was waiting for me , I quickly crossed and made my way into his car.