17 - Tensions Are Running High

"This is bad," Cas said. "This is really bad." The five of them were still sitting at the table after Michael's little outburst.

"Oh you don't say," Gabe muttered. "Luci what the hell?" Lucifer just scowled at him, before looking back down at his drink. "Shit we have a concert tomorrow, you guys have to perform together—"

"I don't think Michael wants to perform," Luci growled.

"That's not really a choice he gets to make," Gabe replied. "He signed a contract, he's in this band, and even if he wants to quit he needs to at least do these last concerts with us."

"Just find someone to replace him," Luci muttered.

"Luci it doesn't work like that," Gabe said.

Meanwhile Sam and Dean were looking back and forth between them awkwardly.

"Should we go?" Dean asked quietly. Gabe sighed.

"Honestly that might be best," he said. "As much as I love Sam's company, we really need to sort this out." Sam nodded, and he and Dean stood, quietly gathering their things.

"Hey Cas, when you get the chance, I need to talk to you," Dean said to Cas, leaning in close so no one else could hear.

"Okay Dean," Cas said, tilting his head slightly. "I'll come by once we get Michael sorted." Dean just nodded and turned to walk out, Sam following hesitantly behind him as he looked back at the distressed Novak's.

Well. This certainly puts a hole through our ship.

~~

"Dean what's up?" Sam asked when they got back to their hotel room. Dean had looked distracted the whole way, gradually looking almost annoyed.

"It's just something Michael said," Dean said. "Making me a bit confused. Doesn't matter Sammy, there are obviously bigger problems going on right now."

"Whatever it is is clearly bothering you, you shouldn't just ignore it," Sam said.

"It doesn't matter, I'll talk to Cas and clear it up with him tomorrow," Dean said, shaking his head. Sam just sighed, knowing exactly what Dean was talking about, and knowing that if he was going to find out, it shouldn't be like this.

~~

Gabriel sat in Michael and Luci's room, waiting for Michael's return. He waited, and he waited. At around 1am it became evident that Michael wasn't going to come back, even if Luci wasn't there, crashing in Gabe and Cas's room instead.

He picked up his phone again to call Michael, but it went unanswered just as the all the other calls had done.

"Well Michael I didn't want to have to do this," Gabe muttered, before scrolling to a different contact and dialling the number. "Hey Crowley. Yeah I've got a bit of a problem...think your demons can track down Michael?"

That was how roughly an hour later, Crowley showed up at the hotel with a scowling Michael in tow. Michael was a mess, clothes untidy, hair tousled, a slight stumble to his step that meant he'd probably been drinking.

"Sort this mess out now," Crowley demanded. "I don't care what personal shit you've got going on, you're all performing tomorrow night whether you like it or not. The contract demands it." He turned briskly and left the room, leaving MIchael and Gabriel alone.

"What do you want Gabriel?" Michael said, but without any of the bite his tone had when he was speaking to Lucifer.

"I want to know what's wrong," Gabe said. Michael's eyes darkened, but Gabe continued before he could start speaking. "And Mike, I don't care if you're having problems with the band. Wait that doesn't sound right. I'm bad at this." He sighed. "What I mean to say is, if ever you wanted out, you could've just told us. Because we're a band but you're also our friend Michael, you're pretty much a brother to me and Cas. Your happiness comes first."