Kida

Jasmine, Esmeralda, and I walked down the hall to our fourth period class, which was biology taught by jumbaa. We were all laughing and talking until we got to our lockers. Jasmine opened her locker and a tiny note fell out. The note was pink and the size of a sticky note.

It said,"Dear Jasmine. I saw you in the hallway for the very first time yesterday. Jafar told me a lot about you and I didn't believe how beautiful you were. I can't wait to meet you. Love Ursula.

"Ursula? Why would she want to meet you. She has to want something. I smell something fishy about this" Esmeralda said as we all bust out laughing.

"I bet someone wrote this just to scare me. No big deal" Jasmine said

I could tell she knew that wasn't the truth. Esmeralda knew to but we let it go. We continued the rest of the day and Jasmine seemed off. Unfortunately I had my own problems to deal with. Earlier that week I overheard Merida and Ariel conversation about Ariel being pregnant. Since Hook made me tell him he thinks I want to work for him or something and has me doing all these things for him. I would just stop since I'm not afraid of him but he has something against me. My friends. He wouldn't say who but someone has 24 hour access to Esmeralda and if I don't do whatever he says who knows what will happen to her. I couldn't risk it. Esmeralda is like my only family. The day my family died her family took me in as their own and we became family. We shared everything, even best friends. I couldn't be so selfish as to risk her safety after everything she did for me.

Today I convinced myself to tell Ariel. I couldn't keep it from her. She needed to know the whole story and I didn't know how much she already knew. I felt terrible but I knew Hook was just holding it over her. Nothing would happen to her or her baby if she just did what he wants. I told myself that everyday since the incident. I also wondered. What if Hook is lying to me. What if Esmeralda wasn't in danger after all? The thought made me sick because there would be no safe way for me to find out.

In gym class I saw Ariel and decided now was the best time. As I got closer I noticed her eyes were pink and her hair was a mess. She had been crying. She was with Merida and I could tell that Merida was crying too. My hat ached I knew something probably happened with Jim. I remembered how it felt to lose someone close to you and I knew I couldn't tell her now. Instead I walked up and gave her a big hug. She looked at more puzzled and so did Merida. It was then when I realized I shouldn't know why she was crying. I quickly walked away and joined back up with my friends.

"What was that about?" Jasmine asked. She was leaning against the wall her hair pulled up into a bun since it was P.E. She was wearing her favorite blue sweatpants and matching sports bra. She spoke to me but was staring off at Ariel. I felt bad for lying to my friends but I didn't want anyone else to know Ariel's secret.

"It's nothing I could just tell she was crying and wanted to give her a hug. Ariel and I did use to be friends." I said lying through my teeth.

At the end of the day Esmeralda and I said goodbye to Jasmine and started walking home. It was weird because neither one of us could hold a conversation and we resorted to small talk. Finally Esmeralda spoke up.

" I'm being blackmailed and I think Jasmine is too!" She exclaimed.

"Who's blackmailing you" I asked curiously. Maybe it was the same person Hook was gonna have hurt her.

"Hercules!" She wined

I looked at her annoyed. Hercules and her have been close since 5th grade and I knew there was some stupid story she was dying to tell me. It would probably go something like he caught her making out with someone and he's threatening to tell that someone's girlfriend. Esmeralda is like a sister to me but I can't deny the truth. She wasn't like normal girls looking for a relationship she was just looking for fun. Not like sex fun but like getting drunk,partying, and maybe kissing a few hot guys. Then just like a hangover she had to deal with the consequences of her being drunk. Like angry girlfriends and pictures being shown to the school. I have to say she gets in a lot of trouble.

"So I kissed Aladdin, you know Jasmine's ex, and I kissed Sinbad." She gushed

"You kissed Jasmine's ex and her CRUSH!! How are you gonna tell her. She's going to be so mad. Omg and Hercules is threatening to show her?"

"Not show her, send pictures to the WHOLE school." She wined

"Well I'm being black mailed too. It's actually no big deal" I casually mentioned

"Oh yea by who?"

"Hook"

"What Hook is blackmailing you. Why. I heard he's trying to get to Mulan. You've never even spoken to her so why is he blackmailing you. And what does he have against you. Omg you didn't like do it with him did you cuz i know your my sister and all but ew. Your first time has to be special. Unless you've already had your first time. Have you?" She asked

She started with all these questions when I realized someone was probably watching us. If Hook was telling the truth and someone had 24 hour access to Esmeralda they could probably hear us right now.

"I'm joking don't take me so serious" I said trying to sound convincing.

She gave me a side ways look and decided it was for the best to drop it. We continued home talking about a way to get back at Hercules and tell Jasmine.