I Refuse to Sink.

Chapter 6

~Peeta POV~

It's been a month since Kat and I started school and we found out it really IS a lot of fun. There's two recesses and we play lots of games in class. Our classmates are nice except Marvel's pretty weird and Katniss already found an enemy.

••Two Weeks Earlier••

"Katniss, would you please come up here to demonstrate what we should do when someone asks for your sandwich at lunch?" Mrs. Compton asks.

"Okay!" Kat says excitedly, hopping up in Social Practice. Today we're learning our please, thank you's, and no thank you's. She runs up to the front of the room next to Mrs. Compton who hands her a plastic hamburger.

"Alright, and we need one more personnn, uhmm, lets have Johanna!" I see her roll her eyes as she goes to stand by Katniss and Kat just smiles at her. "Okay, here's the situation. Katniss is at lunch eating her sandwich and Johanna comes up and asks her for it. Johanna, please show us how you would politely ask for it." Kat turns to Johanna and smiles widely, Johanna just looking bored. "Go ahead Johanna." Mrs. Compton prompts. Johanna sighs.

"Gimme your sandwich." Katniss looks a little taken aback.

"That's not right," she whispers.

"Gimme your sandwich." She snaps at her.

"But wh-what about your please and thank you's?" She whispers politely.

"Yes Johanna, you know that's not right," Mrs. Compton says sternly.

"GIVE ME MY SANDWICH!" She screams, shoving Kat's shoulders. Everyone gasps.

"Johanna Mason!" Mrs. Compton snaps. The nice look has left Katniss's grey eyes, replaced my a dark look I've seen very rarely from her. Kat pushes her back.

"My sandwich." She growls.

"GIVE IT OVER!" Johanna yells, tackling Kagniss to the ground. Everyone gasps as they roll around on the floor, Johanna throwing hits and Katniss just blocking them. She was never one to hit and punch while wrestling, we just roll around and pin each other and pull each other's hair. That's not how Johanna plays. And Kat realizes that, fighting back defensively by yanking at her hair and kicking out her legs.

"JOHANNA MASON, GET OFF OF HER," Mrs. Compton roars, yanking Johanna off of Kat. Kat jumps up, ready to fight and dusts her self off.

"GIMME THE SANDWICH," Johanna screeches, held back by Mrs. Compton.

"FINE," Kat yells, throwing the hamburger at her feet. "I DON'T LIKE MUSTARD ANYWAYS,"

"Johanna Mason, I'm taking you straight to the principal's office, young lady, Mrs. Compton snaps angrily, taking Johanna's hand in her own and marching her out, Johanna looking shameless. Kat turns to us all with a fuming look on her face.

"I DON'T LIKE MUSTARD." She storms back to her seat next to me and slams down, her head in her hands.

"Are you okay?" I ask her softly and cautiously. She shrugs and sighs while the other kids start chittering excitedly about what just happened. I pat her shoulder and she sighs again. Katniss Everdeen hates Johanna Mason.

••Present••

That was two weeks ago, now I'm sitting at my dining room table eating a silent dinner with my family. I stare down the large piece of meat impaled on my fork in front of my face. It smells weird. And looks weird. I don't eat smelly,weird looking food. I eat handsome, smelly good food. Like Mac and Cheese. Yeah. That stuff is good.