2。falls

ZHONG CHENLE had convinced himself that Jungi was definitely not the one for him

ZHONG CHENLE had convinced himself that Jungi was definitely not the one for him. She was off–limits. She was Jisung's to worry about, not his.

But for some reason that night he couldn't sleep. All that lingered in his mind, was Park Jungi. Why was it her? Why did it have to be her? It wasn't that she was ugly or anything, in fact, she was actually really beautiful. And it bothered him that after meeting her in the rain her found her a lot more prettier.

Maybe it was her lips, her eyes, her skin, or her hair. Or maybe it was just her. There was something about Jungi that was so enticing, attracting people towards her. Maybe that was why Jisung fell for her... And maybe she herself  fell for Jisung because c'mon it's Park Jisung, everyone falls for Park Jisung.

Upset, Chenle shifted from his previous position and turned to face the ceiling. With his eyes wide open, he gazed on the glow-in-the-dark star stickers Taeyong had used to decorate the ceiling.

Maybe she wasn't the one. She was just an artificial star like the one on his ceiling. She was only meant for him to look at, not be with.

But then a thought hit him that, maybe she didn't have to be on his ceiling because she filled in the empty space in his mind. Because no matter how hard he tried he just couldn't stop thinking about her.

Frustrated, Chenle squeezed his eyes shut. He refused to see the stars that reminded him of her. She was just a girl. But she wasn't his girl.

Chenle couldn't stand the hatred he felt for himself. He didn't have to follow a stupid deal he made to himself. He could have all the girls he wanted anyway.

With that thought in mind, Chenle breathed calmly and without realizing it he slowly fell into sleep – just like the way he'd slowly fall into love later on.

*

That night Chenle had a dream.

In his dream he saw Jungi, standing on the shore of a beautiful beach. The sun was resting on the line where the lavender sky met the blue sea.

"Chenle" Jungi called out to him, a smile on her face.

Breath caught in his throat, Chenle hesitantly took a step forward. He didn't know why he did, but he followed the beating of his heart.

Chenle rolled his fists into tight balls to squeeze the little anxiety he had in him. Why was Jungi calling him?

Closing the distance between them, Chenle came to a stop in front of Jungi. "Yes?" He whispered

The following seconds became a mellow blur. Chenle could see Jungi's lips moving, but he couldn't hear what she was saying. The beautiful sky behind her melted into the sea and Jungi had closed her eyes and was leaning in.

As if it was real, Chenle swore he could feel her hot breath on his own lips, warming his pale face. Then he felt it, soft lips gently pressed against his own.

next chapter ⤵︎