3。the

ZHONG CHENLE frowned

ZHONG CHENLE frowned. His eyes were focused on Jungi who sat across the room. She was perfect. Her soft pink lips enclosed the thin plastic straw in her mouth as she sipped on her lil carton of milk.

Imagine having a dream you're kissing someone. Then imagine facing them the next day in a prosaic state in which you're not supposed to feel anything.

What was it about her? Why did it have to be her anyways?

Annoyed at the same questions appearing in his head repeatedly, Chenle bit his lip in frustration. What was his problem?

This was where desperation got people. Feeling things over people who felt nothing towards them. It was delusion, pure delusion.

Chenle finally snapped back into reality only to notice Jungi staring back at him silently.

Panicked, Chenle's eyes darted to Jisung who was also looking at him. A soft "Wha..." escaped Chenle's now plump lips.

"Jungi asked if you wanted some milk cause you kept staring at hers" Jisung stated, his expression was a little hard to read. But it was so familiar Chenle swore he had seen it before.

It was the same one Jisung had on when they argued over the star stickers on his ceiling. It was some sort of jealousy or defensiveness.

Chenle turned a shade of light pink. "Oh. Sorry, I was just zoning out"

Jisung pursed his lips, turning to Jungi who was avoiding both of their gazes "Anyways Jungi, I think we should go outside"

The two stood and left silently, leaving Chenle alone in the quiet room. Maybe this was his time to think. Chenle burried his head in his hands, finding some sort of comfort in them.

The sound of the door opening led Chenle to look up to see who it was. It was Mark.

"Hey" Chenle smiled instantly, feeling vibes from his friend. Mark smiled, making his way over to the table "Wassup?"

"Eh, nothing much"

"You okay?" Mark's head tilted, eyes scanning Chemle's face. Chenle nodded, trying to prove he was okay.

Raising a brow Mark smirked "I'd believe that but too bad I know you too well"

Chenle's fake smile dropped, and so did Mark's. "What is it this time? Donghyuck said you started distancing yourself from all of us, why's that?"

Being put on the spot like that didn't help Chenle's growing anxiety. He didn't want to be judged cause he was always afraid he wouldn't be good enough. And just knowing it was because of a stupid deal to himself his friends would probably judge him even more.

"It's..." Chenle started, fingers playing with the hem of his shirt, and his eyes darting from one end of the ceiling to the other. Chenle started to notice things he didn't before, like the small peeling off paint around the doors' knob and the one dying leaf on their house plant. "Complicated"

Chenle finally brought his eyes to meet with Mark's wide brown ones. Mark had his lips pursed and he seemed deep in thought, as if he had been trying to read Chenle this whole time.

"Do you...have a crush?" Mark asked quietly

Chenle's voice cracked in the process of lying "No"

Mark hid a knowing smile "We figured"

Ears perking up, Chenle's eyes widened "What? Who's we?"

"All the Dream members of course. Well, except for you and Jisung who's so obsessed with his girl friend"

Something inside Chenle broke. Maybe it was his emotions, or maybe it was his heart. Why did he have to care like this? It was only hurting himself more. She was taken, taken by his own friend.

"G-girl friend?" Chenle stuttered

"Yeah, girl who's a friend. She's our girl friend too, our only girl friend"

Just like things falling in reverse, Chenle was all patched back up together in seconds with the help of a seamstress called hope.

"And we think you have a crush on her too" Mark added sheepishly

"What the–?"

"Oops"

next chapter ⤵︎