Chapter 3

The little girl wakes me up the next morning, pulling me into a part of the house I hadn't seen. The kitchen. When I step through the walk way, my eyes meet Rex's and I don't cringe. I simply smile at Rye who is standing behind him.

"Good morning." She greets me, making me smile bigger. She's so kind, I don't want to believe she's got the evil magic.

"Good morning." I say back, looking at the food placed on the table.

     The whole time I'm trying to eat my food, I feel someone watching me. As I always do, I reiki my food, giving the good energy to it before consuming anything. It looks like I'm praying over it, though I'm sure I could do it through the bottom of the table. Rex knows what I'm doing, I think it fuels him.

     After everyone eats, I help clean up then go to my room. Of course there isn't a lock on the door, so I just sit with my back to it. I sit there for an hour or more and finally decide to get up and sit in the windowsill. The windowsill is just big enough for me to sit in comfortably. As soon as I get comfortable someone swings the door open and storms in. I hear their feet before I see who it is, but I'm already on my feet when they see me.

"Rye and Amelia are going to walk." Rex says simply. "Go tell her you don't want to go, and come back. If you decide not to, I can guarantee that you'll regret it later." his smile makes me want to believe him, and I do, I'm just certain I can over power him.

     Swallowing my pride, I walk into the living room, Rye and Amelia are smiling at me; Felix doesn't hold the joy that they do. He knows what Rex said and what he is going to do, but he is standing there, waiting for me to rebel. My eye brows raise at him and he knows what I'm about to do.

"Would you like to go with us?" Rye asks, wrapping herself in a coat.

"I could use some help in my room." the two girls stare at him. "I need help cleaning. Cleaning is bondage." he smiles goofy, looking over at me with the fake smile.

"Um, I don't know. I like walks." I say, looking at him.

"She can go if she wants, Felix." Rye smiles.

"Has anyone shown her around the house yet?" Rex pops into the conversation. "It's only fair she knows where everything is, if she needs it." he adds, my eyes locking with his.

     I end up staying with them, and as Rye walks out of sight I hear Felix, close behind me.

"Don't be alone with him. He will keep his promise, he likes to hurt people." Felix slowly lifts up his sleeve, showing multiple scars. "I have a lie for all of them." he whispers.

"Will he do that to me?" I ask softly, hoping the answer will be definite.

"If he gets the chance."

     We sneak to my room, surprisingly enough he didn't see us. Or if he did he didn't mind enough to say something.

     Felix stands in front of me, not offering me to sit anywhere. He's still a mere stranger to me, so I am intimidated by the weird, awkward stance of the situation.

"Try to hurt me." he said suddenly, making me furrow my brow.

"No." I spit.

"Why not?" he's just as confused as I am.

"You didn't do anything wrong." I argue simply with the rule I really do follow.

     Suddenly he pulls me close to him and kisses me, hugging me so tight I can't move. He puts his hand low on my back and rubs my back.