We ran through the halls to get to the elevator. Everything feels so surreal and slow-motion like as we're running. "Wait, where's Alexis?" She was just with us at Starbucks. "I don't even know." Crystal said a little out of breath. We got to the elevators and pushed the up button. As we got on, I felt a little dizzy. I tried to calm myself down before I have a panic attack, which wouldn't be good especially in an elevator. We got off, saw the Children's Unit and ran to the front desk. "Room 808?" "Yes, right down that hall last door on the right." The man said pointing down the left hall. "Thank you so much." I said and ran down the hall. This is a lot of running we are doing, but I couldn't get myself to focus on that. Or much of anything as I ran down the overwhelmingly long hallway. Room 804, 806 and finally room 808. I couldn't hold back my tears this time. My beautiful baby girl, bruised and scratched.

-----3--------months------/--------later-------

"Mommy, I watch Mimi Mouse?" Lianna asked as I finished helping her into her pajamas. Its been a long couple of months especially since the accident. She had fractured her right hand, bruised her left arm and leg, busted her lips, but never stopped smiling. "Of course you can, angel." I said as I gently kissed her forehead and wrist.

Lianna begin laughing as she watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It was now 8:00 and I haven't eaten since yesterday evening. My stomach growled extremely loudly as the doorbell ring. I checked Lianna one last time and went to answer the door. "Who is it?" I yelled as I got closer. "Its us!" I heard Alexis and Crystal yell. I smiled widely and walked faster to see my friends. I haven't seen them in a weeks due to them having to work my shifts (evening shift) at Starbucks. I opened the door and was immediately engulfed with the smell of Chinese food-oh and hugs. "I've missed you guys dearly." I mumbled into Lexi's arm. "We've missed you just as much." She said and squeezed me tighter. *Ahem* A deeper voice cleared their throat from behind them. I pulled away quickly and gasped. It was the boy from Starbucks and he was holding my favorite coffee. "Hi." "Hi." A blush made its way to my face. Why am I getting so flustered over this boy? It's not like I even know him although he's hot and has great taste in coffee. "This is for you." He said and gave me the coffee. "OMG! Thanks." I said, but wait- did I literally say OMG? "Yes, yes you did." He said with a laugh and oh my gosh if I must say. His smile is as if God took the most beautiful white flower and made his teeth out of it. Not to mention he had a lip ring that topped it off. "Will you two lovebirds get in here already? Food's getting cold." Crystal said with a smirk. I blushed even harder and stepped aside for him to enter. We walked into the kitchen/dining room and I thought: I hope he doesn't leave me, with his beautiful behind. "DESIRAE!" Alexis laughed and Crys was already on the floor. The boy was looking at me with shock and an red face. "What?" I said genuinely confused about what happened. "You said that out loud." The boy said, now having bursts of giggles. "Said what out l-OH!" I said, the realization hitting me. Everyone was now laughing at me, including me.
We finally stopped laughing after 2 minutes and started to eat our food. "Mommy?" I heard Li call me from the living room. I excused myself from the table and walked to the living room. "Yes, sunshine?" "I'm sheepy mommy." She said lying down in on the couch. "Then why aren't you sleep, angel?" "I want song." She said her eye lids barely open, but her voice very clear. "Please." "I want song pwease?" Lianna asked with puppy dog eyes. I sighed and picked her up like I do every night she wants to hear a song. "Hmm, what should I sing?" I thought out loud, this time knowing it.

I decided on singing 'Paradise' by Coldplay because it always made me feel as though I was free. I don't know why but it did. I started singing and rocking her back and forth gently. As I got to the chorus, I heard light snores coming from Lianna. I continued to rock her as I stood up and carried her to her room. I turned on her night light and shut off all the lights. "Good night, my angel. I love you to infinity beyond and over." I whispered and kissed her head.

I ran back downstairs and into the dining room so I could finish my food. Luckily it was still warm and I dived right in. I tried to eat in a modest manner, but being a single mother and given the fact that I have not eaten in a day, is causing me to eat maniac-like. I was grateful that Crystal and Alexis kept the hot guy occupied so he wasn't looking at me while I ate. I gave them a signal to let them know that it was okay now that I had only 5 bites left. "Whoa you ate fast." The boy- you know what? This is annoying me. "What is your name, sir? I can't keep calling you the boy in my head because it's aggravating." I said while staring intensely at the boy. "Well what's your's?" He said looking at me with a curious look while leaning forward as though he would see my name from my eyes. I moved my food to the side and leaned forward, too. "Courtney." "Courtney what?" I chuckled airily due to the fact I haven't noticed how blue his eyes were. "Courtney Ashlyn." "Beautiful." I blushed and looked down. "Now, what's your name?" He looked at me intensely. "Luke, Luke Hemmings." "Beautiful." I said and he smiled.

I could tell that he wasn't going anywhere for a while. And I was right as he gave me a promise ring for our 6 month anniversary, staring at me intensely, with Chinese food next to us.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-:-:-:-:-:-:
Oh. My. Gerbilins(this isn't even a word). I need more people to read my story cause I need more feedback. I love the people who read this (and everyone else too). Au revoir je taime.
-Desi