4

August POV

Everyone laughed this man is really crazy. It was quiet besides Maddie telling her friends what to do. The big doors opened and we all looked.

" Who the hell is late ". I say shaking my head.

" I don't know everyone's here ". Maddie added.

When they opened completely a girl walked in. I looked closely and my heart went to my stomach.

It was River, she looked different like older. My stomach turned I looked at Aurora who was staring at her, but she caught on and a smiled appeared on her face. She ran over to River where they hugged.

" Awkward ". I heard someone say.

I went over to them and looked at River. I just stared at her. 5 years and she wants to come now.

" Rora let me talk to your mom ". I say trying not to get angry.

" Daddy but she just got here ". Aurora say.

" Now ". I say.

" But da-

" AURORA I SAID NOW ". I yelled making her jump.

I saw tears come down her face and she ran away.

" Come on ". I say looking at River.

She followed me we went to the dressing room. When we got there I just looked at her.

" Where have you been ". I asked.

" Here when I left I came here and when I heard about you living here I wanted to see Aurora ". She say with her soft voice.

" YOU LEFT ME TO RAISE AURORA BY MYSELF ". I yelled getting in her face.

" I know and I'm sorry ".

" SHE NEEDED YOU WHEN SHE TURNED 3 ALL DAY SHE KEPT CRYING FOR YOU.....YOU KNOW HOW THAT MADE ME FEEL KEPT TELLING HER YOUR ON THE WAY ". I say.

I saw tears coming down her face.

" I'm sorry August ".

" It was hard leaving her but I couldn't take it anymore not having anything I was in your shadow all the time and I wanted to make a name for myself but I'm here now and I'm not leaving ". She said.

" River it took me 3 years to get over you, thinking about you not sleeping because I miss you I went through a depression ". I say.

" August I'm sorry ". I heard her say.

" Stop saying your sorry ". I say.

" No you can't do this to me ". I added.

I stared into her eyes, I couldn't help myself I felt my body get close and closer to her. I just walked out.

30 minutes later

Maddie POV

We were all waiting for August to come out. Aurora was crying, and Chris tried to calm her down. August was taking forever.

" Man ".

The door opened and it was River, she looked like she was crying.

" Where's Aug ". Chris asked.

" He left ". She say.

She looked at me like she was hurt.

" I should leave ". She said.

____________________

River POV

I'm back. I feel better about myself. When I left I went to college and worked really hard. I became a business owner. I own my own shop. I do lashes and sell hair. Last year, I went to India to get hair paying women and young girls for there hair. I took some of my employees with me so they can experience it. I'm in a better place now. I have a beautiful house and a car. I live by myself, but Aurora she gotten so big. She looks just like her daddy. I was excited to see that she was happy to see me. Now I don't want to leave her ever. But what has my on the negative side is, how Maddie and August is together, I mean I know I wasn't around but damn. They're getting married that what has me sick. It's like every girl I'll get close with they end up getting with August.

Anyways I walked in the house it was quiet, but I saw Taylor. She's my white girl best friend. I asked her to babysit for me while I'm out.

" It smells good ". I say walking in the kitchen.

" I know it's my second time making it ". She said smiling.

" Where's Aubree ". I say.

Yes, and the other reason why I left I was pregnant. She's definitely August daughter. Aubree's 5 and she's August reflections. When I found out I was pregnant it freaked me out because that was same time I was with Ken. But when Aubree turned 2 I went to Atlanta and met up with Ken and took a DNA test. It came back negative and that was the biggest relief.

" Hi mommy ". She say coming from her room.

She came downstairs and I picked her up and put her on the island.

" What y'all do today ". I asked.

" After she went to the neighbors house we went to get some ice cream and went downtown ". Taylor said.

" Sounds fun ". I said.

" But today I went to go see him and he's getting married ". I say trying to not to say his name in front of Aubree.

" For real ".

" Yes and I saw her today she's so beautiful when she ran up to me I felt warm ". I say smiling.

" Invite them over we never have guest ". Taylor said.

" I don't know he walked out on me ". I said.

" Damn ".

" Forget him ".

____________________________

Maddie POV

I followed River to her house with my friends because I need to know what's up.

" So she came out of no where ". Claire asked.

" Yeah ". I say rolling my eyes.

I pulled off and went home.

____________

When I got home I saw August he looked at me.

" Where you been ". He asked.

" Oh we went to get something to eat ". I lied.

" Hmm ". I heard him say.

" I'm sorry that a left ". He say walking up to me and kissing on me.

" It's ok ".

" But after you left River said she doesn't want anything to do with you and Aurora ". I said looking into his eyes.

He gave me a blank stare and shook his head.

" Fuck her as long as I have you and Aurora ". He said kissing me.

" I love you ". I say.

" I love you too ".