Steph

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nicole, I don't know about this."

"Girl call me Nikki. Come on it will be fun! You can't just stay cooped up in that house forever." She pulled my arm

"It wasn't forever, it was 3 weeks."

"Still Brooke maybe you'll see that cute guy from Dray's here." She smirked at me. We show the bodyguard our IDs.

"There is about a 1% chance he will be here out of all parties tonight." She looked at me then rolled her eyes.

"Nicole it is Fourth of July weekend! There's-" I scoffed. "There's just no way he's here."

"Nikki." We walk into the club.

The music is blasting from every direction. The strong smell of alcohol filled my nose, making me a little light-headed. The sweaty bodies of people huddled and brushing against me. It is all so new.

"I still can't believe you've never went to a club before, I mean I used to sneak in these places all the time. I should've made you come with me last year." She yelled in my ear, but still barely audible.

"That would been illegal last year!" I yelled, probably louder than I should have.

"It's better that way."

Soon enough I separate from Nicole and head to the bar.

"Um can I get a uh....A um...." The bartender looks at me with confusion and a hint of amusement

"Can I just get some water" I say quickly

"Knock yourself out" He chuckles

As I sip on my bottled water, I keep looking back at Nicole to make sure she's okay.

"She's not going anywhere you know?" A guy sitting one seat away called out.

"Oh no I was just watching. But not in a weird way!" I babble finally realizing how creepy I looked. But he just laughed with his face turning slightly pink.

"Like you know I'm uh I'm just watching and staring" He laughs even harder and moves to the seat beside me.

"I am not a lesbian but if I was she maybe would be on my list ok!" I blurt out. Making the bartender look at me and chuckles again.

"No, you were just looking out for a friend. I get that." He said after he finished laughing

"Yeah"

There was a comfortable silence that held for a few minutes. During the time, he stares at me as I absentmindedly continue to fold a fortune teller out of my napkin. He sighs and smiles.

"What?" I ask hoping he wasn't going to laugh at me again.

"It's just that, you're the coolest girl that I've ever met at one of these clubs." I smile

"I bet you say that to all the napkin folders" We both laugh in unison

"I'm Klay just to let you know. I play for the Golden State Warriors in the NBA."

"Trust me I know who you are. You and your team mates are the only names I've been hearing in that line outside." I sip my water

"Yeah that's one of my boys right there. Yo!" He looked past me to get someone's attention. The person came beside me to dap Klay up. I look behind me to see who it is.

"Wassup man." I actually fall out of my chair.

"Are you okay?!?" The bartender, Klay, and a random person came to help me up.

"He's really here." I whisper to myself.

"What?" Klay yells

"Nothing, I'm fine." The bartender shakes his head and goes back behind the counter.

"Y'all be getting drunk off of water now?" The random said then returned into the crowd.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Klay asked again.

"Yeah"

I made eye contact with the guy from Draymond's house. This time he wasn't wearing his tux , but he still looked good.

"You good Steph?" Klay asked. I swallowed hard

"Yeah man" He was still looking at me

Klay just stared at the both of us staring at each other. I feel like I know him, and not just his famous face. I lose track of how long we stare not saying a word.

"What is happening?" Klay asks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What is happening?" Klay asks~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~