"A Place to Stay" (Kanto Arc, Viridian City)

It was already dusk when they arrived in the city. The sky was red as the sun sets in the distance. The three found themselves in the middle of the city and decided to make up a plan.

      “I’ll go look for a place to stay.” Sei-Shun says. Yasashi nodded and says, “I’ll be hitting the market area for some things I want to get.” Mizu looks at the two and then at her waist which carries two Pokémon including her Sentret. She tells the two that she wants to go to the Pokémon Centre to get them healed up before anything else. “It’s fine. I think we should all regroup at the Pokémon Centre when we find what we needed.” Sei-Shun told her. The three split off into different directions and head out to complete their tasks.

      Sei-Shun searches restlessly for a good place to stay. Most of the inns or hotels in Viridian City were either too overpriced, or just looked extremely run down. He had almost given up hope when he happened upon a medium to large-sized family-run inn. He walks in and the smell of peppermint was the first thing that greeted him. Sei-Shun looks around and sees well-kept furniture adorning the reception room as well as a desk with a girl sitting behind it.

      “Welcome! This is Midori-Inn, I’m Sumire Midori. How may I help you?” she asked. Her tone was nice and warm and this created a feeling of comfort within Sei-Shun. He walks up to the desk and smiles.

      “How much for a room here?” he asks.

      “Our prices range from 500 to 1,500 PokéDollars. Here is a list of the various rooms we offer.” She hands him a piece of paper and Sei-Shun reads through the list. It contained information on all the rooms the inn offered. This place is rather inexpensive. I wonder why? No matter, I wonder which room I should pick. After a while, the receptionist could tell that he was having trouble choosing a room and says, “We’re offering a one-night deal for this week. It is a room fit for a small sized family of four.” She points to one of the items listed on the paper she gave him and he reads the information about it. The room was fairly large according to what it said on the paper. It includes four roll-up futon beds located at one of the corners. There was a small kitchen area that was for people who stays for extended periods of times and a bathroom. Sei-Shun looks at the price and sees that it is only 1,000 PokéDollars, the price before was the limit of 1,500 PokéDollars.

      “I’ll take it.” Sei-Shun says enthusiastically as he reaches into his wallet and pulls out the amount needed to purchase the room. She takes the money from him and hands him the room key as well as the receipt. “Thank you for staying. Your room number is 14 on the second floor. Take the stairs to my left and walk down the hallway until you find it.” Sei-Shun tells her that he will be back later with his friends and thanks her. He runs through the front door and heads for the Pokémon Centre to tell the others.

      Meanwhile, Yasashi was in the marketplace picking up local produce. It was mostly for his passion for cooking and he thought it would beneficial for the three if they ever needed to rest on their journey. He finds a stall which sold apples and he bought a dozen. It wasn’t for him nor was it for Mizu and Sei-Shun. He bought them for the Pokémon since he knew one of the most common natural foods they are fed is apples, the alternatives being Pokémon food, which is mashed up meat or vegetables mixed with different vitamins and berries, or just plain berries. Yasashi buys vegetables and packs of wheat noodles from other vendors since he was mostly vegan and he loves the taste of food that is cooked properly, even if meat is excluded.

      The Eevee on his shoulder was fidgeting around restlessly and Yasashi could tell that it wanted something. “Is there something wrong?” he asked. Right after his question, he could hear a stomach growl. His Pokémon immediately places its hands over its stomach and its face was red. “Um…” It seemed too embarrassed to say what it wanted and Yasashi laughed. “If you were hungry, you could’ve just said so.” He asks the salesman for another apple and pays the allotted amount. He hands it to the Eevee. It smiles at him and grabs the apple. As it munches on its fruit, Yasashi looks at his checklist to see that everything he wanted to get was finished.