Chapter Twelve The Light You See when It All Ends

I felt a light on my face. I opened my eyes slowly. I was floating and I was being bathed in such a bright, warm light. I was dying. I knew that soon my connection to the world I had lived in would be severed. My spirit was being taken to a much different world, a much happier one. I felt myself being pulled toward the light that meant it was all over.

I heard many voices of my past calling out to me. This light was taking me through my whole life. My memories were back every one of them, and I would get to keep them. I was being taken swiftly through all my once lost memories.

It was a sunny summer day. I saw a woman with brown hair and blue eyes calling out to me. She wore a nice flowered summer dress.

"Over here Sora! That's it! Wow! You can run really fast!" the woman said excitedly. It was my mother Kara. I saw her holding me and hugging me. Then I was whisked to another memory.

"Sora! Wow! You've gotten so big! You turned seven today." a man said. It was my father, Dean, who had come back after a long trip it had been my seventh birthday.

Then I was taken to another memory. There was a lot of laughing.

"You can't catch me Sora! Try to catch me! Bet you can't!" it was Rose's voice. I saw her smiling and running around in the park we used to visit.

Once more I was taken to a different memory.

"Sora! How do you think you did on that test? Oh, are you still coming to that party tonight?" it was Amy's voice. She was asking me about the big bash many high school students threw in our junior year. Carol and Jay were standing behind Amy.

Then I was taken to my last memory. One of the happiest ones.

"Sora, let's go somewhere tonight." it was Rin's voice. This memory was the first time Rin had shown he liked me. So happy but also sad. It was my whole life in fast-forward. Soon my memories had stopped coming and at the end of the light I saw the silhouettes of two people. My parents. But a voice interfered before I got close enough to see their faces.

"No, you can't go yet." I heard Rose's voice. I felt someone grab my hand and take me away from this light of death. I felt as if I was plummeting back to the world I knew so well. But I was dead, and then I wasn't.

"What? Why?" I whispered, but I was not heard.

"This time you are the one that needs to be saved. All you need to do is keep holding onto my hand and you will be back where you belong." Rose whispered.