Chapter 7: ATL

It's Wednesday my loves!! Enjoy the next chapter!!
_____________________________

As soon as the doors opened on the first floor I sprinted out, my eyes darting around the lobby trying to find the guy. He was wearing a grey suit... no, white! White? What is this? The eighties? I groaned, stepping further into the lobby.

I was getting desperate, making my way to the doors when a heard a giggle behind one of the desks. It was Shannon, the pretty blonde with wide eyes, and at the moment, flushed cheeks.

She was giggling and flirting with Micky! I made a beeline towards them, my body relaxing with relief.

I was so relieved, actually, that I walked right up on him like we were old friends and placed a hand on his arm. "Claire needs to see you again."

Micky slowly turned my way, the confident smirk he was using on Shannon still in play. He cleared his throat, "Is that so?"

"Yes, you're father called."

The shadow that crossed Micky's face was startling, turning his glowing confident face into a seemingly older, grim expression. He nodded, turning to Shannon, "Its always a pleasure, love."

I followed him to the elevators, waiting quietly by his side as he fiddled with the watch that stuck out of the end of his light grey suit sleeve.

After we got into the elevator car and started the long ride up, I decided to take inventory of Micky's features incase I ever needed to track him down again.

I was standing behind him and to his left, so it was kind of hard but I made due. He had a broad shoulders and a waist that tapered in ever so slightly. His hair was curly and it fell around his shoulders, nice, big, chocolate curls. His skin was a few shades darker than Claire's but his nose was sharper. He had long lashes that kissed his cheeks every time he blinked, which was a lot.

His pretty hazel eyes, which were amused-Wait! I quickly looked down after who knows how long of staring each other in the eye. I'd been caught and hadn't even realized it.

"No, no, continue to check me out, I don't mind at all." He spoke confidently, turning back to the front of the car.

I cleared my throat, wanting to make sure my voice was prepared to speak and not stunned in shock. "Oh, I wasn't-"

"You were," He deadpanned, hands deep in his pants pockets. "But it's okay, I've been checking you out all morning, you're beautiful."

I hated how my cheeks heated and my stomach filled with butterflies. My mind was calling bullshit and for once my heart agreed, but to avoid being a rude bitch, I said, "Thank you."

He chuckled but the rest of the ride was in silence. He could tell it wasn't sincere.

We stepped off the elevator, he went back to Claire's office and I took a seat at my desk. When the office door clicked shut, I slumped into my seat, the rest of the stress leaving my body. I took a moment to just breathe, I could still smell his cologne, it was woodsy and sophisticated.

It smelled good, but that didn't matter, clearly he was charming (even though Shannon does a good job of making every man that comes through feel charming, she said that's the funnest part of her day) which meant clearly I need to keep my guard up.

Sitting up, I went back to my duties.

About an hour and forty minutes later, my phone beeped, making me jump because I may or may not have taken a break with Subway Surfer. "Loraine, please step into my office."

Aw shit, I thought, pushing up from my seat. I must've taken one too many game breaks. Or maybe Mr. Devereux was still pissed and told her to fire me. While he's on the phone. For his listening pleasure.