Chapter 28

(Sam)

"Try this!" I yell as bring my foot in a sweeping motion over the vamp's head.

His eyes bulge and he comes crashing down. I place my foot on his back as he tries to push off the ground.

"Not this time I'm afraid." I tell him as I zip-tie his hands together.

"What's a timber doing down in Florida anyway?" He hisses, "We're used to Mexican wolves or coyotes. But instead we get a steroid fed freak."

"Quiet." I growl, picking up my foot and slamming it down on his neck as I hear a satisfying snap.

"I hear that there is a high price on you Franklin. Vampire fangs are on the market I guess." I say as I drain the vampire venom into a vial before yanking the eight fangs out of his mouth.

"A whole eight fangs? That'll fetch a pretty penny."

After packing away that stuff I reach for his hands and check for one of the most sought after things on the market, vampire claws.

I press lightly on the knuckle of his thumb and let out a little cry of joy as a huge claw sliding out of its socket. Only ten percent of vamps around today have them. It's a third generation and earlier trait of vampires. I bet Gordon has them. I wonder if it's wrong to declaw family friends for money.

"Hey nice tag Sam." I hear a familiar voice say to me as I round the corner with my trophies.

"Thanks Ryan." I say to the millionaire who buys most of my stuff at half price.

"What do you want for the bundle?"

"Well this one caused me a little trouble....how about two grand?"

"Two?!"

"It's a fair price since you are going to sell it for double that."

"Fine. You are always so stubborn. But I can't complain since you are my top supplier. And I know Evelyn is trying to get her hands on vamp claws and it would just kill her to see I've got them. Mind you I'm still mad you have her those siren stingers." He says as he pulls out his briefcase and hands me the money.

"She offered three hundred grand more then you." I say to him as I stuff the money in my backpack.

"You can't blame me for being cheap."

"Uhh, yea I can." I say before throwing him the bag of vamp goodies, "Listen Ryan, I'd love to stay and chat but I really gotta go. I have a meeting with someone."

"It best not be to sell them anything!" He snarls as I pull on my helmet.

"Don't worry!" I yell back as I jump on the new Ninja I bought three months back.

I tear off towards the hotel I had been staying at and quickly rush inside and up the stairs before hitting the roof.

"Arti." I smile as the dragon pulls me into a hug.

"Hey Sammy." He smiles back.

"How are you doing?" I ask as he lets me go.

"Just fine, you?"

"Made at least half a mil in the last week."

"Impressive. I have my treasure stored deep in a cave that is in the middle of the Appalachian mountains and is probably equal to more then three trillion dollars in today's money."

"Show off." I answer back, "I don't hide my money because I spend it."

"But I know you have a stash somewhere. All dragons do. I bet it's in your living room, right behind the tv."