22 Newt

22. (part one)

Newt thanking you for your love

You couldn't watch it. The black liquid running out of his mouth, his bloodshot and dark eyes, his veins turning black. He was dying, and you knew it. The city was being taken down by Lawrence and you were hiding in an alley with Thomas, Newt, Minho and Gally, when Newt collapsed on the ground.

"No no, baby, get up. Please, get up. Just a little further, we're almost there." You shouted over the loud noises of bombs, people shooting guns and screaming. Your body was aching and all you wanted to do was give up. At this point you didn't care you would die, the love of your life would too.

"I can't. I can't. Just go, go without me. I'll just slow you down." Newt coughed loudly, the black liquid coating his lips. "It's okay. I love you. It's okay. You can do this. Go. I love you. Thank you." Newt whispered, so only you could hear.

"No! You have nothing to thank me for, now get your ass up! We're going to get you that antidote!" You cried out, your sobs growing worse when he cupped your cheek. "I love you, Y/N. I have since day one. I always will, don't forget that. Thank you. So much. For loving me, for giving me a reason to fight. Thank you." he said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Y/N! Come with us, we'll get the antidote. Thomas, bring him to the Berg!" Gally shouted and you were pulled away from Newt. You knew this was going to be the last time you could say something to him. "Wait!" you shouted and pulled yourself out of Minho's grip and ran back to Newt.

"I love you. I love you and I won't stop. We're going to help you, believe in us. In me. Stay strong Newt, we'll be back." You kissed his forehead and with that left, the lump in your throat growing worse and worse.